Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Glock will be unveiling their entry into the revolver market.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    "This Glock 43 would be so much better if it had a longer barrel and held four more rounds!," said...tens of thousands of CCW'ers

At which point it's a low-cap G19.

To be fair, I thought the G19X/G45 size was dumb too, so clearly I have my finger on the pulse of the market.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Preach!
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unless they live in NY, NJ, CA, or those poor bastards in MA who can’t even buy new Glocks.

Given the fact that glock cannot produce a reliable 10 round magazine for anything other than the G26, a G19 sized single stack based on longer G43 mags is a reasonable idea.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

We don't know what the Glock 44 is. It might not even be a gun, but odds are it is. There is a market for a thin, single stack 9mm for those who want a slimmer gun for concealed carry, and in those states that are limited in magazine capacity. So imagine a G43 that is scaled up in barrel and grip length. I don't think they'll release a G45MOS until 2020. They want to sell the current version for a year the same way they sold the G42 in .380 for year and then introduced the G43 in 9mm...which a lot of G42 purchasers had wanted in the first place.

I would also like to see one of the Polymer80 frames with a Glock 17 grip length to fit the Glock 19 slide, i.e. a Gen3 style G19x or G45. That combo doesn't interest me a lot except that I have a G19 slide with an RMR and compensator. Overall length is a shade (RCH) less than a G34 and I'd actually like it better with a longer grip. That has nothing to do with anything Glock is likely to release, but hey, it would be nice.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Rumors are a ten round G43X and a single-stack G19.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I had all but settled on a 19.5 MOS and a 45 for the two GSSF certs I need to burn. Maybe worth waiting a few weeks just in case. There had been posts on some Glock forums mentioning the same rumors for a couple weeks now. It could simply be another combination of parts to make another sub-model as well though.

I think if you made the 43 grip the length of say vickers +2 and widend it just a tad, you could get 10 in there. I would buy both a thin 19 and a G43 with more capacity. Even if the G43 was a bit wider, it is small front to back and the overall grip would still be nice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I think if you made the 43 grip the length of say vickers +2 and widend it just a tad, you could get 10 in there. I would buy both a thin 19 and a G43 with more capacity. Even if the G43 was a bit wider, it is small front to back and the overall grip would still be nice.
    SIG makes that, it’s called a P365.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Rumors are a ten round G43X and a single-stack G19.
    Single stack 19 would be interesting IF they have enough pixie dust to make a reliable magazine.....

How about a workable 10 rd magazine for something other than a G26.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-15-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    SIG makes that, it’s called a P365.
    I think the track record on that one speaks for itself.

I hope Glock puts out something in that category that works.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 12-15-2018 at 02:51 PM.

User Tag List