Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I also believe that a Glock .22 would sell like crazy, but I think SHOT is the time for a small but capable Glock carry gun.
    We know you have a half dozen already, just tell us what it is!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I'd sell my 19.4 and buy this in a second then immediately throw on a Mayhem comp and mill it for a red dot.
    Not a bad thought... but, personally, I would miss having the rail.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I know. I'm talking specifically about the people that sincerely lament and bemoan model numbers not matching the caliber. As if the model numbers are supposed to mean anything. It would not make any sense for them to start numbering models differently now.
    Our school department ditched SW Model 19s for Glocks. I asked an officer is that a Glock 22. He got all pissy and said: That's a Forty!

Why is the SW 327 in 357? A guy heard I had a 327 revolver and wanted to buy it. I had to tell him it was a 327 Mag (a SW 632). He wanted the 357 gun. Cabela's sales clerk told me a 632 was a 22. I told him it was a 327. He got all pissy until an old fart clerk came by. See the dude thought it was a 63-2 (a model of their J frame 22 LR).

How about a 5.7×28mm, just to add to the suspense? It can go with the carbine!

Wouldn’t a g26x basically be what Smith has out with the m&p? I think those are selling pretty well. I wouldn’t want one. I like a 4” barrel but I’m sure they’d be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    "This G19 would be so much better if it held 5 less rounds!," said... no one ever.
    Said my wife, whose hands are too small to hold a G19. (It recoils through the joint of her thumb.)

And my wife's coworker who has even smaller hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Said my wife, whose hands are too small to hold a G19. (It recoils through the joint of her thumb.)

And my wife's coworker who has even smaller hands.
    Tangential, but I’ve sold an even half-dozen G42s for Glock USA at this point, just by taking new female shooters to the range with my collection of exemplars for them to try out and choose from. Only one lady did NOT choose the 42, and even she ended up with an LCP, due to insisting upon the smallest gun possible for ASAP EDC duty.

Women under 5’6" and 125-140 lbs or so really take a shine to the 42, and why not? It’s a likeable little gun.

Incidentally, second place—for shooting—has uniformely been my tuned NY-1 K-frame, but I can totally see why nobody ran out to the counter to buy a duty revolver. [/shrug]. The 19/26 option gets drowned out by the 42, in my admittedly limited experience. That G42 fits petite hands like a GP100 with compact letts fits mine. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

2019 needs to be the year of the Glock carbine.

How many more non-Glock manufacturers need to produce carbines that take Glock mags before Glock realizes how huge it would be for them?

Hint:

1) B&T TP9 style, with mags in the primary grip (that drop free) = a very good start.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Tangential, but I’ve sold an even half-dozen G42s for Glock USA at this point, just by taking new female shooters to the range with my collection of exemplars for them to try out and choose from. Only one lady did NOT choose the 42, and even she ended up with an LCP, due to insisting upon the smallest gun possible for ASAP EDC duty.

Women under 5’6" and 125-140 lbs or so really take a shine to the 42, and why not? It’s a likeable little gun.

Incidentally, second place—for shooting—has uniformely been my tuned NY-1 K-frame, but I can totally see why nobody ran out to the counter to buy a duty revolver. [/shrug]. The 19/26 option gets drowned out by the 42, in my admittedly limited experience. That G42 fits petite hands like a GP100 with compact letts fits mine. JMO.
    Weirdly, my 5' 4" wife and myself, 6' 1", both like the G42 and felt the G43 was really clunky. We'll be getting a 640 Pro to test for her in the coming year. (I can't hit with Ruger revolvers--something about the geometry doesn't work for me.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

And your recommendation led to us borrowing one, my under 5'6" wife liking it, and me buying two. I like it, she likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    . . . but I think SHOT is the time for a small but capable Glock carry gun.
    Hmmmmm.

User Tag List