Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1111

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Hammertime
    G48 200 more rounds. Liked it more today. It requires a put the dot over where you want the bullet to go hold.

Dot Torture at 5: 49/50 one brain fart. Very happy with groups.

Supertest: 255-2 on the 5! Then settled into a consistent 287, 285.

Rangemaster Bullseye: wiffed one at 25 otherwise okay: 275

Doubles to IDPA headbox at 7 and I could hold it with 0.28 splits.

Overall it is still kind of a harsh pistol to shoot. But it shoots well. Next week will do some back to back with a G3 G26.

Just ordered an RCS Perun for the G48. It didn't say anything about a delay or back order. Will see what happens.

Waiting on word back from DSG on if he will do an optics cut on a Hitchhiker. Guessing he is at SHOT.

Is anyone aware of a supplier for mag pouches yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Just ordered an RCS Perun for the G48. It didn't say anything about a delay or back order. Will see what happens.

Waiting on word back from DSG on if he will do an optics cut on a Hitchhiker. Guessing he is at SHOT.

Try SCK Holsters. He makes holsters, mag pouches and several other kydex items and owns a G48.
    sckholsters.com
    Last edited by JBP55; 01-23-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post

Vedder holsters shows them listed for the 48, and I think Tony at JMC will have them ready in day now but you may want to shoot him an email. The 48 holster he said is about ready for quick ship.

Thanks for the tips. I see that Multi-holster shows them now too. I really like his design for my bigger Glock mags.

For those that now have time with both a regular 43 and a 43X, can you make a strong case for choosing a 43X versus a 43 with a +2 extension? Aside from smoother/easier reloads? I pocket carry a 42, and now I’m thinking of something to bridge the gap between the 42 and a full size pistol. And I’m a bit stuck between the 43 and X. Hoping somebody can share an insight I haven’t considered that will break the mental logjam.

@ratter75, short version if you've got a G42 and something like a G19/17 and you're just looking to bridge the gap I think the 43x/48 would work quite well. I still think that there is a case for something like the G43 for those who want small but don't want to step down to a .380. My preference if you don't carry OWB would be for the 48.

Long version, I do not have a 43X but have two 48's and two G43's. I spent a short range session with a 43 upper on the lower half of the 48, (essentially a 43X) and with a 48 and a 43. It was only one session of 200 rounds with the three side by side so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I personally don't see a case for the 43X for me but I think your priorities, body shape, carry method and skill set will all have a say. The 43X cycles faster and has a little more muzzle rise than the 48 but less that the 43 but not by much. It is pretty close to how the 43 feels but slightly more controllable with say something like a bill drill. If you carry OWB I can see a preference for the 43X with the shorter muzzle as it is slightly more shootable and has slightly more capacity than the 43. When it comes down to it I personally prefer the longer sight radius of the 48 and the recoil impulse of it over both the 43X and 43. I can see a case for owning a G43 and a G48. G43 would work well when you have difficulty concealing a slightly longer grip length of a 19/48 and you would have a defacto 43X if you don't mind playing Legos with your guns. I can understand that it would probably give many some discomfort but it is an option. If you're just looking to add one and you are carrying OWB 43X would be the way to go. For me between the singular range session and just moving about the house with a faux 43X vs the 43 or 48 I still prefer the 48. Whether the guns are in a VELO or the RCS VG2 I find the extra muzzle length balances the gun and reduces rollout from AIWB. From pure shoot-ability I prefer the 48 then 43X and lastly 43. If you don't care about the muzzle length get a 48 the gun will be more shootable but much easier to carry than something like a G19/G17 and will give you that in between without sacrificing much and greatly increasing your ability to conceal a close to full-sized gun.

Hope this helps I still think you might want to shoot them before you decide.

ETA: These are pretty early opinions and will more than likely change with some dedicated use and a few thousand more rounds.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-23-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    For those that now have time with both a regular 43 and a 43X, can you make a strong case for choosing a 43X versus a 43 with a +2 extension? Aside from smoother/easier reloads? I pocket carry a 42, and now I’m thinking of something to bridge the gap between the 42 and a full size pistol. And I’m a bit stuck between the 43 and X. Hoping somebody can share an insight I haven’t considered that will break the mental logjam.

My biggest concern for a defense gun would be the reliability of a +2 extension in a 43 magazine .vs the factory 10 round Glock mag in the 43x. I guess the 10 rounders are so new that the jury is still out on that one. Something to consider though.

New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Having a 43 and now having just added a 48, I can say the following as the 48 and the 43x frame are the same.

The 43 frame/grip is both shorter and more narrow than the 43x. The new magazine is something of a 1.5 stack (neither single nor pure double) and as such are not backwards compatible to the 43, even though the slide mates up and fires without issue.

Comparing the two with a +2 extension for the 43 next to a 10 round Glock mag for the 43x, they are essentially the same length (I compared my Ghost +2 for reference), so you have an uptick of 2 rounds occupying the same space vertically for the 43x (10 vs 8). Again, the grip is slightly wider than the 43, but I found this to be a welcome change personally.
    Last edited by tgoldie00; 01-23-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have both and hands down would choose the 43X. With the +2 mags on the 43 it is almost the same size as the 43X. The 43x feels much better in my hand and doesn't shoot like a pocket pistol.

I took the 43X and 48 out today and ran 70 through each. I shot the 43X as well as the 48. The stock sights on both were off to the left but I didn't bring my sight pusher so I let them be. (60 rounds through each on the target at about 14 yards, bottom is 43X, top is the 48.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by steve; 01-23-2019 at 01:25 PM.

User Tag List