Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1111

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Doesn't appear to be one locally.

I had heard reference that the G48 might be similar to a Browning HP in shape/form/handling.

The Browning HP has always been the best fitting/feeling handgun for me and I have always wanted to find something that felt similar.

So can anyone comment on this?
    I owned and shot a couple BHPs quite a bit for some years back in the day and have a G48.

Disclaimer: I don't care how a pistol feels but rather how my hands grip it, reach controls and control it in strings of fire. I say this because there are great feeling pistols out there that I find do not quickly index true and run in recoil as lesser feeling guns.

@GJM has posted that Leatham as made this same point - that flat sided guns are superior in respect to these factors. I agree. I categorize Glocks and the HK USP and P7 in this group.

All that out of the way, no I would not say the G48 reminds me of the BHP in the hand. I think it is smaller overall. It provides a very secure and under-control grip for my dominant hand and still plenty of real estate for my support hand to do it's work. It still has the Glock's "squarish" lines and these combined with the smaller dimensions seem to really lock the gun in securely in the grip.

That's my take on it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I owned and shot a couple BHPs quite a bit for some years back in the day and have a G48.

Disclaimer: I don't care how a pistol feels but rather how my hands grip it, reach controls and control it in strings of fire. I say this because there are great feeling pistols out there that I find do not quickly index true and run in recoil as lesser feeling guns.

@GJM has posted that Leatham as made this same point - that flat sided guns are superior in respect to these factors. I agree. I categorize Glocks and the HK USP and P7 in this group.

All that out of the way, no I would not say the G48 reminds me of the BHP in the hand. I think it is smaller overall. It provides a very secure and under-control grip for my dominant hand and still plenty of real estate for my support hand to do it's work. It still has the Glock's "squarish" lines and these combined with the smaller dimensions seem to really lock the gun in securely in the grip.

That's my take on it.

I have noted that square grip effect as well. A HK USP fits "tighter" in my hand than just about anything else but always feels fat and I have to stretch for the controls. Sig Classic P series guns always feel like they are going to "squirt up" out of my hands. The BHP was about the best form fitting/no reach for the controls gun I have ever owned. I shot it well but it wasn't always reliable and I wasn't willing to spend the money with C&S to make it carry reliable so I sent it down the road.

Hopefully someone local will receive one in the next few weeks and I can give it a test run.

I have been debating this and a G5 19 and am in the process of selling one of my backup G3 19s to fund the experiment.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it.

Hammertime
    I wanted to add to my comments above:

The 48 fit my DSG Hitchhiker holster without issue.

I found myself struggling to maintain support hand grip. Kind of like a 43.

Site Supporter
    I picked up my 43x and 48 today and will try them out tomorrow. So far I like the grip a lot. It reminds me of my P225 duty gun from long ago. I would descrirbe it as filling my hand appropriately without the blocky feeling. Also, much better than my regular 43 that is far to skinny. I swapped the slides on all 3 and they interchange.

On a different note, has anyone found magazines anywere? The dealer I made my purchase from said they did not have any magazines in stock.

I think... I think I have to sell a Shield 1.0 and a Glock 26.4. Aside from the mag compatibility of the 26 (which would be replaced with my extra Glock 19.4) , to me, this kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Sorry... Feeds 2 birds with 1 scone.

Now i just gotta decide if i want the 43X or 48. Is the sight radius really worth it? In thinking negligible.

I gotta head to Gunbroker to start listing.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I think... I think I have to sell a Shield 1.0 and a Glock 26.4. Aside from the mag compatibility of the 26 (which would be replaced with my extra Glock 19.4) , to me, this kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Sorry... Feeds 2 birds with 1 scone.

Now i just gotta decide if i want the 43X or 48. Is the sight radius really worth it? In thinking negligible.

I gotta head to Gunbroker to start listing.
    Might wanna shoot one before you have a fire sale. That or buy one and try it, then sell the other ones if so inclined. Either way, I would not recommend boxing yourself in just in case it isn't everything you had hoped it is.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-22-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Might wanna shoot one before you have a fire sale. That or buy one and try it, then sell the other ones if so inclined. Either way, I would not recommend boxing yourself in just in case it isn't everything that you had hoped.
    Im inclined to agree, but since they are based around the 43 which i have fired one with about 200+ rounds, (not mine) I never bought one because it didnt do anything better than my Shield, aside from its slightly smaller size. I wanna say for the most part, the 43's bugs have been worked out. I rarely carry my 26.4 and it just sits there cause I feel if I can carry that, id rather just carry a 19.4. The Shield is slim for low-profile or summer concealment. The 43X/48 seems to solve both the slim/size proportion of a Shield, and capacity of a 26.4 factory mag. I will lose the ability of using larger cap Glock mags, but I typically carry a single 17 mag with a 19 or 26, or two 8-round mags with the Shield since theyre small enough.
    Last edited by coN; 01-22-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Picked up the 48 today and ran just 200 rounds of 115g quickly through it at lunch today to get a initial feel. I ran 25 rounds HST 147g JHP through it as well, brought my 43 and ran 100 rounds of the 43 slide on the 48 grip so got a pretty good feel as to the 43x. I also compared a few to the 365 and my 19 as well.

Initial impression is the grip is as everyone says, very comfortable. I do prefer a much more aggressive texture so this will get a talon grip asap. Way to smooth for my taste, but it will be easy on the skin and shirts. This will not replace my 19. The 19 is much softer imo as is should be. There is a little recoil but not as bad as the regular 43 or certainly the 365. Those guns definitely have some snap to them and the felt recoil is very manageable with the longer grip, by the way, I shot the 365 as I always do with the 12 round magazine. When I put the my 43 slide on it, I really like the feel a lot. As you see below, at slow fire, it's very accurate. To be fair, the initial shots out of the 48 was making sure the sights were dialed in so it took a couple rounds to get the poa/poi dialed in. Once that was done, not issue. Just a quick side not, I had to drift the rear sights to the left, they were to far over to the right out of the box and not centered.

My first initial shots I was definitely in the 43x size camp, however, once I started running the gun fast (bill drills), the 48 clearly seemed to be a bit flatter and came back on target quicker for me.

First target on the left is about 7/8 yards with some bill drills on the bottom. 2nd one is comparing some with the sig 365, and 19. By the way I took my time this go around with the exception of the 19 in which I went much faster after the initial shots. The last target was only 4 shots each at about 20 yards, I had to run, so they were my last 8 rounds and I had forgotten to shoot at longer distance but pretty pleased with the accuracy out at 20 for me for the few rounds fired

Overall I liked both quite a bit. Unfortunately I won't be able to get back out with these two until the weekend if I'm lucky to really run drills with them but my initial impression is that it seems the 48 is a bit easier to run faster just a bit. I will admit though I think I prefer the feel of the 43x size but the initial rounds fired, especially at speed, the 48 was bit easier.

While the size is similar in length to the 19, it certainly feels and shoots for me like a smaller gun but better than the other single stack micro compacts. I actually shot the 365 better than my 43 most of the time but will never get comfortable with the reliability (it's been sent back twice). With the 48 and the 43x configuration, my initial impression was less snappy and therefore a bit easier to control. This initial run, my accuracy with them will not be an issue at all. The 365 is extremely accurate for such a small gun and the capacity is second to none, but again, reliability is a big factor for me.

Glock did very well offering these two guns which I think will be a home run again for them.

Name:  48targets.1.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  37.8 KBName:  48targets.2.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  39.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Would anyone happen to know if aftermarket triggers for a Glock 43 would fit a 48 or 43X? From the reports I've seen on people swapping slides between the 48 and 43, I would be inclined to believe the triggers would be the same. But I'm not sure if the trigger bar on the 48 is shaped differently to accomodate the wider mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Dawson carry sights for the 43 will work for the 48? Don’t have time to scroll through a 100 pages but was curious which sights work for the 48. Obviously the 43x and 43 are the same but just checking what people have seen for the 48 in terms of sights. The Ameriglo bolds are ok but not a big fan of the u-notch. Thx
    I read somewhere the G48 has a taller rear sight than a G43/G43X.

User Tag List