Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post

How many more non-Glock manufacturers need to produce carbines that take Glock mags before Glock realizes how huge it would be for them?
    Y'know, every time I read "Glock Carbine," it gets filed into the same internet nook in my brain that keeps "Gecko45" posts. But you're absolutely right. If nothing else, Ruger has made the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    Weirdly, my 5' 4" wife and myself, 6' 1", both like the G42 and felt the G43 was really clunky. We'll be getting a 640 Pro to test for her in the coming year. (I can't hit with Ruger revolvers--something about the geometry doesn't work for me.)
    Craig Douglas and I briefly discussed the 42/43 conundrum at his course a couple of years ago (I was using a G43 for the class). We both agreed that the 42 was a sweeter shooter. Honestly, a real case can be made for a G43 as a "one gun to do it all," if it's going to be the only pistol, but if two pieces of plastic are doable, splitting around it with the 42 and a G26 or similar makes more sense to me. OMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    And your recommendation led to us borrowing one, my under 5'6" wife liking it, and me buying two. I like it, she likes it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glock 42 is the only Glock that I have picked up and said "Wow" based on how it felt.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Glock 42 is the only Glock that I have picked up and said "Wow" based on how it felt.
    What did you say when you picked up the other ones?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Maybe it will be Glock models factory equipped with SCDs.

So....... Either a G42 sized 9mm (I wish) or a double or staggered g 43.....i.e. 365 that works. ( I know there is a half dozen or so 365's that work......so far) Astonishing the worship for a few extra rounds instead of magazines and/or practice.

What did you say when you picked up the other ones?
    I've owned three and down to one currently. I am one of those people where Glocks just don't fit my hand real well. That was why I was so surprised when I picked up the G42.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    "This G19 would be so much better if it held 5 less rounds!," said... no one ever.

This G19 would be so much better if it were more slim and didn’t feel like a potato, said most.

New Glocks at S H O T.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    This G19 would be so much better if it were more slim and didn’t feel like a potato, said most.
    I don't feel that way at all about the Gen 4/5 19. The Gen 3 did feel a little chunky but I think that was grip shape more than a big difference in size.

Then again, I like potatoes.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 12-18-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I wear size 7 gloves and the G19 feels perfectly fine. The gen 5 is downright good.

I prefer the G19 but I dont want it any slimmer.

Not much room for my support hand to make frame contact.

I like the Gen 5 (no finger grooves). I have a few in my office ready for assignment. I will get one next budget year.

I should have the below Gen 2 back in my office in Jan 2019 for overall comparison.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List