Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

LGS called me yesterday to say I could pick up the G43X he knew I would end up buying. So I picked it up last night, had him put a 43 Gadget on, cleaned and lubed it this morning, and took it to the range this afternoon. Put 70 rounds through, 50 124 gr FMJ and 20 147 gr HST.

To summarize: F***in’ A.

I expected it to run flawlessly and it did, but otherwise I had pretty modest expectations. Surprisingly, it was at least the equal in accuracy and recoil of my G19 (there I said it). Absolutely effortless, like shooting fish in a barrel. It was kinda cold and I only had time for a brief range trip so I didn’t run any timed drills to compare it against the G19 or others, but I will in due course.

It fits perfectly in a Shield leather holster, it’s so thin and light you forget it’s there, and with a tucked in shirt only a metal detector would know it’s on me. The thinner magazine makes it easy peasy to have an extra mag in my front pocket, in a little Sticky Holsters mag pouch.

This one’s a winner. The quest has concluded.

Site Supporter
    I would be especially interested in seeing the comparison of Bill Drills and other measured drills/tests between the 43X/48 and 19.
    Last edited by sharps54; 01-19-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    I’d love to see what size groups you can pull out of her when you’re “ really trying” - or you know, off a bag at 7 or 10.

My 43 at 7 yards isn’t bad, but no bullseye pistol. Which is ok. It’s actually pretty good for a 3”, but I’m really hoping that extra inch the 48 is sporting makes a difference.
    Standard 43’s are just as mechanically accurate as bigger Glock. The practical accuracy is another matter. It’s small size makes it harder to shoot but that is a operator issue.

Hammertime
    I also have found the 43 equal in mechanical accuracy to larger Glocks, just much harder to achieve practically.

I made the mistake of holding and dry firing the 43x and 48 at the LGS tonight and am absolutely smitten with them. I was going to hold out for a black slide, but it may be more than I can bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I also have found the 43 equal in mechanical accuracy to larger Glocks, just much harder to achieve practically.

I made the mistake of holding and dry firing the 43x and 48 at the LGS tonight and am absolutely smitten with them. I was going to hold out for a black slide, but it may be more than I can bear.
    You need to up caliber for bear.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

anyone try any Ameriglo sets on these yet. I have Spartans coming on mine that are for a G43 but I’m worried now with the different rear sight on the 48 my POI may be way off. Tbh, I won’t have the gun for a week or two but I’m anxious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You need to up caliber for bear.
    Nah...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wid...mm-pistol/amp/

Rich Grassi was beating up the B/C steel at the 50 yard line with the guns when I showed up at the range.

I shot them out to the 25, pretty easy to get hits for me, particularly with the 48. Both had the stock Glock 2ight fillers on them. The 48 was hitting right to the dot with 115gr Lawman for me. I'd have prefered better sights, but my initial impression is they are as accurate at a G19 for me, just a bit more snappy in recoil.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My apologies if I’ve missed the answer in the thread above, but do we think it will be possible to put the G48 slide on a regular G43 frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    My apologies if I’ve missed the answer in the thread above, but do we think it will be possible to put the G48 slide on a regular G43 frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List