Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Since I'm a bit slow, it just occurred to me that the 43X is pretty dang close (and really, probably close enough) to the 26X I said I wanted last year:

Attachment 34197

Although, the 26X would still accept regular Glock mags -- and that would be cool.
    It would not surprise me if the 26X is released at SHOT this month.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Ok I'll bite. What would be the advantage of this over a 19?
    I’ve wondered that myself. My guess would be, OWB there’d be less to hang down below the belt line.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    It would not surprise me if the 26X is released at SHOT this month.

With the light rail.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    With the light rail.
    I would buy that! (for a dollar...)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Regarding the Glock 48; I've looked at interwebz photos but I have been unable to decide, does it have the interchangeable backstraps of the other Glocks?

No interchangeable backstraps. They are keeping it as small as possible. I'm sure Hogue or Pachmayr have a grip sleeve that will fit if you want more to hang onto. Though that would seem to defeat the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’ve wondered that myself. My guess would be, OWB there’d be less to hang down below the belt line.
    That's all I can think of as well.... but I never figured that was a problem with a 19.

Ok I'll bite. What would be the advantage of this over a 19?
    For me, I think the grip would be just enough shorter that I could conceal it without printing in more situations than a 19. It is kind of like the difference between a PX4 Compact vs. the PX4 Sub-compact. Besides, I really like the 26.
    I forgot to add, that the hump on the 19 just does not work for my hands. A 17 or 26 is fine, but the 19, not so much.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 01-16-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    For me, I think the grip would be just enough shorter that I could conceal it without printing in more situations than a 19. It is kind of like the difference between a PX4 Compact vs. the PX4 Sub-compact. Besides, I really like the 26.
    I forgot to add, that the hump on the 19 just does not work for my hands. A 17 or 26 is fine, but the 19, not so much.
    All of that makes sense, but I had the impression the "26x" Tom is hoping for would be a 19 grip with 26 slide

All of that makes sense, but I had the impression the "26x" Tom is hoping for would be a 19 grip with 26 slide
    On that part, I'm not sure. If it had the same grip shape as a 19, then it wouldn't be a contender. I am intrigued with the 43X though. My 43 is the only semi that I can comfortably pocket carry.

User Tag List