Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1111

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unless they live in NY, NJ, CA, or those poor bastards in MA who can’t even buy new Glocks.

Given the fact that glock cannot produce a reliable 10 round magazine for anything other than the G26, a G19 sized single stack based on longer G43 mags is a reasonable idea.
    Poor bastards in CA can't buy new Glocks either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Poor bastards in CA can't buy new Glocks either.
    CA residents can still buy brand new Gen 3 Glocks.

MA residents can LITERALLY not buy new Glocks from FFL’s.

In MA FFL’s can only sell Glocks produced prior to 1998 to the public. It doesn’t apply to private sales.

If you want a newer than 1998 Glock you have to find either an LEO who wants to sell one or someone who owned one before moving into MA from out of state and now wants to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    CA residents can still buy brand new Gen 3 Glocks.

MA residents can LITERALLY not buy new Glocks from FFL’s.

In MA FFL’s can only sell Glocks produced prior to 1998 to the public. It doesn’t apply to private sales.

If you want a newer than 1998 Glock you have to find either an LEO who wants to sell one or someone who owned one before moving into MA from out of state and now wants to sell it.
    Interesting, did not know that about MA, it makes me feel a bit better about being in CA. You're right, here we can buy new Gen 3s, but we can't buy new Gen 4 or 5s since they aren't on the "Safe Gun" roster. The only way to buy the newer generations is through PPT, and the seller usually marks the price up nicely. I think the Gen 5s have far superior ergos when compared to the Gen 3, so kind of a bummer. I know some will say a Glock is a Glock. Would love to own the 48, since we have a 10 rnd capacity limit here, it just makes sense.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 02-16-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Interesting, did not know that about MA, it makes me feel a bit better about being in CA. You're right, here we can buy new Gen 3s, but we can't buy new Gen 4 or 5s since they aren't on the "Safe Gun" roster. The only way to buy the newer generations is through PPT, and the seller usually marks the price up nicely. I think the Gen 5s have far superior ergos when compared to the Gen 3, so kind of a bummer. I know some will say a Glock is a Glock. Would love to own the 48, since we have a 10 rnd capacity limit here, it just makes sense.
    There has been speculation that the CA market is the main reason Glock still sells Gen 3s.

The Gen 5s are more mechanically accurate but you can increase the mechanical accuracy of Gen3’s via aftermarket barrels. Some have reported good results dropping Gen 5 barrels into older gen Glocks.

The local shop had a 43X in stock so I fondled it. Feels alright in my hands but I just don't see a spot for it in my carry stable. I still would really like to see a 43 with a grip that was as wide as a 48 and could accommodate a G48 magazine but would still have the grip length of a 43 and hold maybe 7 or 8 rounds flush.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

After carrying a G19 for years and years, in other states, the G48 is looking like it may be my new NY carry pistol after recently getting my permit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The local shop had a 43X in stock so I fondled it. Feels alright in my hands but I just don't see a spot for it in my carry stable. I still would really like to see a 43 with a grip that was as wide as a 48 and could accommodate a G48 magazine but would still have the grip length of a 43 and hold maybe 7 or 8 rounds flush.
    I would like this as well. Call it a 43W or whatever. I never pocket me 43 so a little bit bigger isn't the end of the world to me.

ETA: It does put you REALLY close to a G26 without the benefits or being able to use "normal mags".
    Last edited by wmu12071; 02-19-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I would like this as well. Call it a 43W or whatever. I never pocket me 43 so a little bit bigger isn't the end of the world to me.

ETA: It does put you REALLY close to a G26 without the benefits or being able to use "normal mags".
    I would like it specifically for pocket carry. The 26 is a bit wide and the 43x too long in the grip for pocket carry. The 43 is a good size and since the slide is mostly what rides in a pocket holster adding just a little thickness in the grip probably won't matter for concealment. But it would make it a little easier for my large-ish hands to grip and add one or two rounds of capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I finally had a chance to handle a 48. I definitely like, and think one will be in my future - probably with my next BL cert.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

... and today I finally had a chance to shoot a 48. I think one could be my ideal daily carry.

I could even put a 48 slide on my existing 43 frame if I wanted, right? Not saying that I would, just curious.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List