Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1111

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

So what's the consensus on aftermarket sights?

43/42 sights?

Something else?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yeah. Or two cases of ammo, which is my other choice.

I may call around and see if either of the two ranges I go to have a rental G43X/G48 to shoot this weekend.

The engineer in me says I need a new gun like a hole in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I am feeling right now is that the G43 will do things no double stack Glock will do as far as concealment goes. The G43x and or G48 will not do those same things. They do give you four more rounds, but in my hands shoot sort of like a big G43. I find they conceal about as well, (but differently from) a G26. They are a good replacement for folks who were running extensions on their G43 mags IMO. In no way will the G48 replace a G19 or G43 for me. I am struggling to find its role.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yeah. Or two cases of ammo, which is my other choice.

I may call around and see if either of the two ranges I go to have a rental G43X/G48 to shoot this weekend.

The engineer in me says I need a new gun like a hole in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Finding one to shoot would be great. You can see in cornstalker's posts on page 2 his shooting performance on timed drills was equal or near peer of 19Xs. He noted it was more work to drive the gun. No surprise with a thinner smaller pistol.

I find it feels very thin under the belt. The thinner G19 length grips looks to conceal with more room to spare than thicker grips of the same length. No surprise there either.

It'll come down to the shooting. I plan to make up for lost time this weekend on that account.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

I find it feels very thin under the belt. The thinner G19 length grips looks to conceal with more room to spare than thicker grips of the same length.
    J - That was kind of the excuse I was going to use on my wife so I could buy one.

I will put this here and in the shooting results thread, as it seems relevant.

My wife and I took her new 43X and a Gen 4 26 to the range today, with a plan to shoot both as a sidebar to our regular practice. In terms of shooting, I preferred the 43X and she preferred the 26. In terms of concealment, she prefers the 43X. I think there is unlikely to be a clear consensus in terms of shooting performance between the 43X and 26. Some will prefer the wider grip of the 26 and others the longer grip of the 43X. Neither are competition guns, so any small difference in shootability is likely to be irrelevant in a defensive situation. The choice will likely be driven by non-shooting considerations, like mag commonality with larger Glock pistols, how it conceals in your type of carry on your body style, and how much you prioritize draws and reloads over pure splitting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Oh come on guys, stop throwing cold water on the 43X. Let Rich have a little fun.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone mentioned yet how Glock listened and nicely thinned the trigger guard even more on g48? It’s quite a bit thinner than the g43.

Site Supporter
    Neither are competition guns, so any small difference in shootability is likely to be irrelevant in a defensive situation
    I agree with the conclusion, but it depends on your competition. I've shot the IDPA match with the 26 and our local short range matches that I described elsewhere. Granted I shoot with it for practice with a major carry gun. Just as I've shot the 642 in both. We have a few folks shooting Shields or some 380 for that purpose.

I've wondered if the Bug rules for IDPA should be changed to something like the following.

1. One each target, only one shot. Must be a zero or 1 hit or -5.
    2. Gets rid of the many unrealistic double tap reloads on 9 targets.
    3. Allow only 1 Mozambique for the bug users.

If you think 5 is enough, let's see how you do with multiple assailants.

Botach now has G48/43X magazines in stock, showed 800+ available when I ordered mine tonight, just under $22 each when you buy 7 or more, with free shipping.

Yeah I know some people find them crappy to deal with. I have never had a problem. Whatever...

https://www.heinie.com/glock-48-ledg...sight-set.html

Saw that these are coming. I hope to see other sight manufacturers offer sights for the 48 soon, since they do not appear to be the same as G43 sights.

User Tag List