Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Looks like a lot of people are interested in Beta testing these. Outstanding.

I'll be checking back regularly. Looks like next year's Xmas present to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I see it as more replacing the G43, at least for me.

Most carry the G43 IWB, with either a 7rd or 8rd mag to allow a full grip.

The G48 offers the same grip length as the G43 8rd, but with 2 more rounds and better ballistics, while still maintaining the same slim form factor.
    Did I see somewhere that the 48 and 43X are the same grip length/height as a G43 with TTI +2 mag? That’s been my pocket carry for a couple years. If they are the same, and the slightly wider frame doesn’t screw it up, the 43X could be the perfect pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Some are wondering why this would replace their G19 or G26. That's not the point of the G48. It's about extending the line to fit more people. We always advise new shooters to "find the gun that fits your hand." This is another fit option.
    That, and also another tool in the box depending on need. Right now I have a G17 for the night stand, and G19 as a primary carry gun, and a G26 for times I need a little smaller. Plus an LCR and a LCP for pocket carry. I'm playing with a regular G43 now that will probably replace both the Rugers. I can see how a person might need a thinner gun for their mode of dress or whatever for certain occasions but the 43 being too small. I don't know if it fits in my system but I can see how it might fit in with other people's.

I would be interested to see a G43-sized gun with the wider grip that maybe holds 7 or 8 instead of 6. Here's hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Did I see somewhere that the 48 and 43X are the same grip length/height as a G43 with TTI +2 mag? That’s been my pocket carry for a couple years. If they are the same, and the slightly wider frame doesn’t screw it up, the 43X could be the perfect pocket pistol.
    Check this one out at about 4:08...there is a comparison of 43X with 43 with a Vickers +2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCPfOKlz4uc

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Check this one out at about 4:08...there is a comparison of 43X with 43 with a Vickers +2:

Thanks! The Vickers +2 is angled and my TTI is flat so it may just work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 9.27.55 PM.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 9.28.25 PM.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  32.0 KB

When people realize that they can have an already vetted, more concealable, backwards compatible, three finger grip, 10 shot gun by just taking a current Glock 26 and putting the small +0 Pearce Grip extensions on their mags.

Will the g48 grip be as long as the g19? I can not do any shorter because of my large man hands

Some are missing a key point, which is, there are people who desire to carry a thinner handgun. I count myself as one of those. The 19 is not terrible by any stretch, but a 1911 Commander carries SOOOOOooooo much better. The 48 is my Glock Commander (thin 10rd 9mm). I have a 43, which I've been carrying more and more due to the thinness. I typically carry with a Vickers +2, and it carries like a dream. Now I get the same grip, but with a seemingly (assuming) more reliable factory 10rd mag, in a grip that will be much easier for reloads, and a slide that's more akin to a full-size than a sub-compact. It's my Glock wet dream.

Since the legacy 43 slides are cross-compatible, I only have to buy a 48, and get a 43x by default.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    Will the g48 grip be as long as the g19?
    Yes.

Further, if you already own a 43, you could buy a 48 and then just play Barbie Dolls back and forth with the frames and slides.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List