Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1111

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

Thanks all. I won't be able to shoot them but I should be able to at least handle the 43, 43X, and 48 side-by-side before long. Hopefully of the three, one will jump out at me. I think I'm already prejudiced against the 48 because I tend to prefer shorter slides. 19 over a 17, P30 over a P30L, etc...they just subjectively feel better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I have both and hands down would choose the 43X. With the +2 mags on the 43 it is almost the same size as the 43X. The 43x feels much better in my hand and doesn't shoot like a pocket pistol.
    I'm leaning towards the X since I already have the 42. The obvious upside of the 43 would be running it with no extensions, for the utmost conceal-ability. But if that's the goal, then the 42 I already have does it even better. Whereas I see the 43X more as a mid-sized gun - Glock's answer to a P239, a CCO 9mm 1911, etc. At least when it comes to size and general handling characteristics. That's where my head is at. I feel like the 43X plus TLR-6 would make a heck of a combo in that middle-sized, 8-to-10 round neighborhood...

Fellas,

Have we established parts commonality here yet between the 43 and the new 43X and 48?

Slide lock the same? Connector? Trigger housing?

I want to order some parts but I don't feel like wasting money on 43 parts that wont work with the 48.

@Magsz

Between G48 and G43

RSA is the same 1/1
    Slide cover plate same
    Extractor depressor plunger same
    Extractor depressor plunger spring same
    Spring-loaded bearing same
    Striker marked 3373 on 48 Marked 3372 on 43
    Extractor same
    Trigger with trigger bar same
    Trigger mechanism housing same
    Connector same
    Slide stop marked different 47876 on 48 marked 33736 on 43 believe diff due to frame thickness.
    Didn't check locking block but I imagine they are the same since slides are interchangeable and function.
    Last edited by Mike C; 01-23-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Fellas,

Have we established parts commonality here yet between the 43 and the new 43X and 48?

Slide lock the same? Connector? Trigger housing?

I want to order some parts but I don't feel like wasting money on 43 parts that wont work with the 48.
    I checked with Johnny Glock and Jeff at Glocktriggers.com, aftermarket G43 triggers will work in the G48.

Site Supporter
    I rented a Glock 43X and put 100 rounds through it at 7 yards. The B-21 is below and then commentary.

Name:  target.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  39.3 KB

My thoughts:

1. The grip is a little wiggly in my hand.
    2. The recoil was a little harsher than expected. A 26, 17 or 19 feels like nothing to me. The 43X was a bit more of a sharper impulse. It is still manageable and not a major problem
    3. Being left handed, when I screw up, I usually shoot to the right. As noted on the image the first 20 rounds were off to the right. I found this also to be true with my own Glock 42. After concentration on grip fundamentals, I herded them back towards the center. The grip is not instinctive to me as the other Glocks (but that's with many years of experience).
    4. I seem to have shot a touch high. Probably old eyes slight alignment which is bothering me lately.
    5. I did get some Glock knuckle ouchies. Don't with my own Glocks.

It's a nice gun. If I didn't have a 26 I might consider it as it is noticeably slimmer for concealment. I don't see a need for it now.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-23-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Good lord, it's actually on shelves ALREADY?! I can't keep up these days.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

It may have already been posted, but I found this set of photos interesting.
    https://www.wideners.com/blog/glock-...8-vs-glock-19/

I've been planning on getting a 43 for awhile, and likely still would even with the new offerings, but the possibility of getting the wife shooting IDPA or USPSA with a 38 has me thinking I'll probably get a 48 and a 43x just to not exponentially increase the mag-type-count in my house.

I'll probably also eventually get a 42 as well, so that's yet another mag type I'll be fitting in, albeit not in mega-quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Wow, the LAV looks petite compared to Shane.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List