Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glocks prior to SHOT -- G43X, G48, and G44?

I think the 19.5 is about perfect in size for my hands and I'd love to try one out by renting one. But every Glock I've ever used shot left of center. People tell me the Gen 5's have a different trigger pull. Maybe the G5 is the ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    But every Glock I've ever used shot left of center.
    You can do a lot of study on grip and trigger finger curl to correct that.
    Or you can move the rear sight a smidgen to the right. Exact amount calculated by trigonometry. Which is what I did, since I only shoot Glocks for GSSF.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I think the 19.5 is about perfect in size for my hands and I'd love to try one out by renting one. But every Glock I've ever used shot left of center. People tell me the Gen 5's have a different trigger pull. Maybe the G5 is the ticket?
    It’s not the trigger pull. It’s the trigger shape. Viewed from the top, stock Glock triggers are round faced. This, plus the drop safety tab on the middle of the trigger face tends to result in right handed shooters engaging the trigger safety tab and Only the left side of the trigger. As a result the trigger gets pulled on a 10/11 o’clock to 4/5 o’clock axis literally pulling rounds left.

You can mitigate this by playing with trigger finger placement or by gripping the shit out of the gun.

Three things would love to see:

Gun sized between the 17 and 19, slimmed down a bit.

Optional Safety like on the MHS guns, not for everyone, but I would like it.

Lastly the Glock rendition of the P365, not a stupid G26 with a 43 slide stuck on top either. The 30s is dumpy and downright looks like an afterthought as do all their .45s with that crappy useless extension looking thing.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Three things would love to see:

Gun sized between the 17 and 19, slimmed down a bit.

Optional Safety like on the MHS guns, not for everyone, but I would like it.

Lastly the Glock rendition of the P365, not a stupid G26 with a 43 slide stuck on top either. The 30s is dumpy and downright looks like an afterthought as do all their .45s with that crappy useless extension looking thing.

Dave

A well executed safety that is as easy to engage as disengage.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It won’t be that — unless GLOCK has decided it has more money and lawyers than I do (which it absolutely does) and went ahead and created its own unlicensed version (which is extremely unlikely).

I was mainly joking but it would be a wonderful thing if it happened. Of course it happening in a way that made you lots of money would be even better.

Especially if it meant we all got PF koozies out of it!

G43 that uses p365 or KT P11 mags please

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    G43 that uses p365 or KT P11 mags please
    Huh?

One of the best things about Glocks is they use Glock mags. Why would you want that?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Huh?

One of the best things about Glocks is they use Glock mags. Why would you want that?
    Capacity and a more comfy grip angle
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 12-18-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    G46, it will be Gen 5 G17 slide on G19 grip frame...the reverse of the G45 combo...
    This has actually been made and I've been told it will be released on/ around SHOT. The G45 MOS is also for real but I don't think it will be released until much later. They'll wait until they've sold as many G45's as possible then introduce the G45 MOS. Think 42 then 43.

User Tag List