Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington UMC anygood?

Remington UMC anygood?

Is Remington UMC in 9mm any good for indoor target practice? The local Walmart has the fifty round boxes at $7.97 a box. Never tried the stuff before and I’ve never seen it so much cheaper than Federal brass ammo. If it’s crap, I prefer not to waste my time. Thanks.

It’ll work, but it’s very dirty and weak. I’ve never actually noticed accuracy issues though and can’t remember significant malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the early 90s I bought 800 rounds of it. I had a few fail to go off, probably a primer issue. I also loaded my prairie dog ammo with Remington primers and had some failures there too. Since then I've not bought much Remington ammo.

I've shot approximately 2948 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm 115 gr, no noticeable issues, though as noted, it's a fairly anemic round.

These days it's as good as any of the budget ammo from other manufacturers, meaning it's all mediocre.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Very mediocre but works. Of the Walmart value options, the federal ae bulk packs are a better choice.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I've shot maybe about 500 rounds of Rem UMC 9mm all told. As others have said, it mostly seems to work fine. I had no failures to fire or other malfunctions with it, but it also wasn't anything special. For $8/box, if I didn't reload, it'd be fairly attractive for range ammo.

A friend buys whatever is cheap, getting AE, Blazer, WWB, or UMC, whatever is on sale. The UMC seems to do about as well as any econoball.

I have had some peculiar results with Remington primers in reloads, they are really satisfactory in only one gun. Fortunately it is one I shoot a good deal. So that is what I will use them up in, and have gone back to WW and Federal now that availability is better.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Last ammo I had a squib that cycled, haven’t used it since. Seller & Bellot has been plentiful at a great price lately and that’s the only ammo I’d shoot if I have my choice.

I've had more problems with UMC than anything else and it hasn't been confined to just one or two calibers.

User Tag List