Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington UMC anygood?

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I shot 350 rounds of 9mm 115gr so far. Zero problems, a little more soot than usual on the front of the gun. My M11-A1 that chokes on WWB ate the UMC without issue. I have 1050 more rounds sitting around from last year's Black Friday purchase at $0.13/rd after rebate.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

For 9mm, I like UMC bulk. POI is identical to my carry ammo in my converted S&W 642-1 (Hornady 147 grain XTP). It also holds the crimp good enough for revolver shooting. Yep, dirty... but easily cleaned with a gun done in NP3 Plus.

For .45... I will not use it or WWB. I shoot a D/I .45 AR, and neither of those will function more than a handful of magazines before I start having reliability issues (failure to go fully into battery). Was thinking it was strictly buffer weight, then lubrication... being the gas block is very close to the chamber. I actually switched to Blazer Brass for that very reason. I’ll probably finish whatever of UMC/WWB I have in my Glock 30S... just to get rid of it.

If your needs can get away with UMC, go ahead and use it. If not, don’t. If you do end up using it, best to take that saving and put it towards an ultrasonic cleaner. [emoji6]

Site Supporter
    I have only bought it in the 250 round packs. I have never had issues with it.

I had a squib round of one 4-5 years ago that destroyed the barrel of a G26. Remington replaced the barrel for us and refunded the ammo.

User Tag List