Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: California wants to tax text messaging -

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So they can pay for phones for the indigent. Fortunately, the FCC ruled that texts are not subject to telecommunications regulations. So they may avoid it.

I don’t want to give anyone ideas, but a tax per text would generate a massive amount of revenue. Either it would single-handedly pull California back into the black or empty the state of tax payers entirely.

For the record - it appears Cali wants a flat tax in texting service, not per-text tax.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...ral-regulators
    Since when has a federal law or ruling from a federal agency ever stopped California from doing what it wanted? They'll have a tax on texts by next year this time..and yeah, they probably deserve it...Sometimes I think California would do the rest of the country a favor by seceding from the union, we could then build a wall around it, and contain the madness..
    Last edited by ralph; 12-13-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ... and in other news: Apple is build a new campus for 5000 jobs in ... Austin, Texas!

Hmmm...

I wonder why...
    Texas better watch and learn from WA state. They're 15-20 years behind us. 5000 voters here, 5000 voters there, and pretty soon you've got a problem.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Texas better watch and learn from WA state. They're 15-20 years behind us. 5000 voters here, 5000 voters there, and pretty soon you've got a problem.
    Trust me, we're watching and we don't like it. Californians can stay in California.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You'd remain lonely. Now that I'm no longer a detective my phone lives in another room turned to silent at night. Unless my house is on fire, there's literally no reason anyone needs to be able to contact me after 10p. If someone is dead, they'll be just as dead in the morning.

Name:  1cd05739e17ff69efb0e78b196a25a6a2a18ac6dc43b351b1d27f744033571f8.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  77.0 KB

ETA: That's literally all I've got in response. I'm out of brain cells to come up with anything more witty, retorty, or...whatever. Is it Friday yet?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-13-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Born and raised in Southern California. Left in 2006. Things like this make me glad I left.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Sigh... Now I will block anyone not on iMessage
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 12-13-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Try Telegram. Sooo much better than text messages. I and the people I communiciate with the most are not so slowly cutting over to it. Works on all devices, and multiple devices at once.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 12-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Try Telegram. Sooo much better than text messages. I and the people I communiciate with the most are not so slowly cutting over to it. Works on all devices, and multiple devices at once.
    I honestly thought you mean like Western Union guy comes to your door telegrams at first.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    You too?

I forgot that the audience here may be more familiar with the telegrams of old than the Telegram Messenger app of today,

Mea Culpa.

Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List