Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California wants to tax text messaging -

California wants to tax text messaging -

So they can pay for phones for the indigent. Fortunately, the FCC ruled that texts are not subject to telecommunications regulations. So they may avoid it.

I don’t want to give anyone ideas, but a tax per text would generate a massive amount of revenue. Either it would single-handedly pull California back into the black or empty the state of tax payers entirely.

For the record - it appears Cali wants a flat tax in texting service, not per-text tax.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...ral-regulators
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.

I was just looking at some pictures I took during a hunt there last summer. It's such a beautiful place and I'd love to live there, but the derp emanating from Sacramento makes that impossible.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

... and in other news: Apple is build a new campus for 5000 jobs in ... Austin, Texas!

Hmmm...

I wonder why...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I was just looking at some pictures I took during a hunt there last summer. It's such a beautiful place and I'd love to live there, but the derp emanating from Sacramento makes that impossible.

Okie John

I grew up a little north of where you are, and went to SoCal for school. I found home. I love the land, the people, the amazing things the people there do. It's like watching someone you love gradually lose their mind completely.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind the ability to tax certain people for texting me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I wouldn't mind the ability to tax certain people for texting me.
    Sorry about the late night texts, but I get lonely at night...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Sorry about the late night texts, but I get lonely at night...
    You'd remain lonely. Now that I'm no longer a detective my phone lives in another room turned to silent at night. Unless my house is on fire, there's literally no reason anyone needs to be able to contact me after 10p. If someone is dead, they'll be just as dead in the morning.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Was in LA earlier this week. First visit there in quite a few years.
    Every person I met, every Uber driver, my clients, even the nutty old long-white-bearded guy in the hotel, was completely obsessed with "celebrities".

When we finished our Monday dinner meeting (9:30 PM) my customer suggested that so-and-so bar would be a great place to hang out and have drinks, because Monday night was a good time to catch famous people out and about, since they don't come out on the weekend because they don't like to be mobbed in public (my English teacher would beat me for that run on sentence ).

WTF?

I went back to the hotel and crashed. I'd been up since 3:30AM (CA time) to start my trip.

I'm not surprised that CA pols can get away with all their progressive crap. Market yourself as cool and trendy and voters won't notice the lack of substance or the policy impacts that pick their pockets... Vacuous and humorless.

I was hoping this text-tax would become reality. They deserve it. Maybe it would have been a wake-up call.? LOL. Who am I kidding?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ... and in other news: Apple is build a new campus for 5000 jobs in ... Austin, Texas!

Hmmm...

I wonder why...
    Land is cheap in Texas, plus Austin has a limitless supply of college kids that Apple can burn out.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Isn't Austin the biggest left leaning, progressive stronghold in Texas?

User Tag List