Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barrel Cant S&W M&P 340

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The evidence suggests it's wishful thinking to believe that mechanical design will reliably accomplish the hoped-for result, especially when parts are made of aluminum (even doped with a little Sc). I could write a paragraph about ways it could go wrong, but people who actually work on things with wrenches don't need that.
    Thank you for the drawing. I'm sure the people who haven't seen the actual parts will appreciate it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Thank you for sharing this image

Attachment 33240

The evidence suggests it's wishful thinking to believe that mechanical design will reliably accomplish the hoped-for result, especially when parts are made of aluminum (even doped with a little Sc). I could write a paragraph about ways it could go wrong, but people who actually work on things with wrenches don't need that.
    Now I’m thinking your solution is better than sending it in

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My M69 was canted and I created a set of levers out of 2x4 lumber and turned it. Kinda lame, but I am to the point where I try to deal with things I can without being g mad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Do some research, you really need to support the frame with a lightweight gun.

Can elaborate more later, there is a thread you might be able to fund where I showed how I braced it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Can elaborate more later, there is a thread you might be able to fund where I showed how I braced it.
    Here is the thread I posted in:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....EW-(Poor-Q-C-)

I could write a paragraph about ways it could go wrong
    And a line about how it could go right. The best way to do this would be DW style with a forward bushing, but it probably adds another dollar to production cost.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Thanks for the link. With QC issues like this maybe I don’t need a S&W in my life

Last edited by J0hnny; 12-15-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks for posting this. Looking into getting a pocket gun as well and the 340 is on the short list. 🔥🙏
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    When Smith went to two-piece barrels early this millennium, it was one of the first times they did something that upped the parts count (and presumably also upped manufacturing time and cost by a slight amount) but should eliminate the possibility of improperly clocked barrels since the shroud with the sight on it is not only not threaded on, but features a lug on the frame face that mates up to a corresponding mortise on the shroud.
    Attachment 33240

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And a line about how it could go right. The best way to do this would be DW style with a forward bushing, but it probably adds another dollar to production cost.
    I was going to say that the Dan Wesson revolvers didn't seem to have an issue.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List