Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-duty/retired LEO in states with mag capacity limits

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I worked for two sheriff's departments and learned that Texas troopers will ticket other officers for traffic violations. In some instances they will stop marked patrol cars if they think that the city or county officer is driving too fast. Perhaps their training brings about a sense of superiority. I don't fault their dedication, competence, or contribution but do disagree with the enhanced hall monitoring mentality.
    Pricks are everywhere, in every agency. Some agencies have more than others for sure. I’ve been stopped by TX DPS for speeding in both Gov and private cars and never had a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I can’t imagine it getting as far as a test case. Even with the most anti-gun department headed by the most ill-informed leadership, I imagine it would get sorted out fairly quickly.
    As an aside, a couple of guys I shoot matches with tried to turn in their 15 round AR magazines to their local police departments to beat the December 10 deadline. No luck as the local departments have no process in place to take the magazines. I'm not sure anything in NJ would get resolved quickly. The new state AG seems to take a very strict view of gun laws.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    No luck as the local departments have no process in place to take the magazines.
    No, that's bullpucky.

They can. They're just not bothering themselves to do it.

Shit, I technically could've done it as a federal agent posted in NJ. If I was still posted up there and a fellow shooter on the range wanted to give them to me simply because they were super worried, I would've just done them the favor and taken the mags, giving them a property form in return. After the deadline, I simply would have been obligated to destroy the mags just like any other contraband we have in the evidence/property room which can't be returned to a person and isn't being requested by the USAO to remain in inventory.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Anyone know if this screen snip is valid? I cannot find it in PDF on the internets...weak Google-fu I guess.

Name:  NJ magazine.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  33.5 KB
    Last edited by KeeFus; 12-14-2018 at 12:49 PM.

^^^^It's unfortunate that there is no method available to euthanize a state gov't when it's no longer in possession of its mental faculties. They've gone over the edge and beyond the point of no return (methinks).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Looks like NJ will vote on amending the law to exempt LEOs.

https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/S2846/2018

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    Looks like NJ will vote on amending the law to exempt LEOs.

https://legiscan.com/NJ/text/S2846/2018

Name:  F824A990-231C-48CF-BE24-C17573CD27C2.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  24.6 KB

Site Supporter
    I went to pick up a prisoner in jersey once. In uniform; in a marked patrol car with a warrant in hand. At their station one of the officers made small talk. Then he asked what kind of ammo I had. I ignored him but he he kept up until I asked for his supervisor. Every department has assholes

What all active and retired LEO’s are forgetting is HR218. It also has case law backing it as well. It says all active and retired law enforcement can carry a gun in any state as long as they follow there states qualification laws. In NJ law enforcement has to qualify twice a year. You have to have your retired or active ID and your most recent qualification on you. The US AG took out all grey areas. There were three lawsuits where 2 retired and one active law enforcement were arrested. The cases were dismissed and there were law suits that had hefty pay outs to the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw I am new to the forum and from the hell hole NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List