Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evidence of American Decency

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I'm really amazed that 1) anyone survived >96 minutes of CPR and 2) that all 20 of those people gave high quality chest compressions. Lots of medical students fuck it up on their first couple tries and then get yelled at and are forced to swap out.
    The odds that the dude was really pulseless for 96 minutes are probably pretty low. Likely he was unresponsive after ROSC and whoever was in charge of checking pulses didn't check the femoral artery and thought he was still pulseless and encouraged the CPR marathon to continue.

There is no full recovery from an hour long code.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The odds that the dude was really pulseless for 96 minutes are probably pretty low. Likely he was unresponsive after ROSC and whoever was in charge of checking pulses didn't check the femoral artery and thought he was still pulseless and encouraged the CPR marathon to continue.
    LOL if they got ROSC after minute 5 and he had to endure another 90 minutes of people to continue to crank on his chest. Hope he didn't have too many fib fractures.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    There is no full recovery from an hour long code.
    Definitely not

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Theyve been working with having them detect some cancers from smell with some success. Two of my dogs at different times stopped and zeroed in on a spot on my arm and smelled it intently. I went to the doc, she sort of rolled her eyes, but I showed her something about it online being done in Japan, so she froze off the spot.
    So, what was it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Vending Machine Operator
    When I was 0 to 13 years old I lived in a very small town, about 200 people, isolated on a major interstate corridor. Every winter, several times, the roads would close and we'd have 20-40 stranded travelers. We would put them up in the gym at our small school, open the cafeteria, feed everyone, and play basketball. I never questioned why we did it and we never charged money. The whole town would just play dinner party host for a night. Everyone and their kids.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    When I was 0 to 13 years old I lived in a very small town, about 200 people, isolated on a major interstate corridor. Every winter, several times, the roads would close and we'd have 20-40 stranded travelers. We would put them up in the gym at our small school, open the cafeteria, feed everyone, and play basketball. I never questioned why we did it and we never charged money. The whole town would just play dinner party host for a night. Everyone and their kids.
    Limon, CO by chance? I spent a night there, but the school was already full and I was in the town hall, wishing I got a shower at the school

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Limon, CO by chance? I spent a night there, but the school was already full and I was in the town hall, wishing I got a shower at the school
    Wamsutter, Wyoming, but I've been to Limon. Believe it or not, Limon is quite large by comparison. We had no hospital, no grocery store except the gas station mini-mart, and I was one of 2 people in my 5th grade class.

It was still quite a nice way to grow up. I grew up loving reading and understanding how to be self-sufficient.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 12-12-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Wamsutter, Wyoming, but I've been to Limon. Believe it or not, Limon is quite large by comparison. We had no hospital, no grocery store except the gas station mini-mart, and I was one of 2 people in my 5th grade class.

It was still quite a nice way to grow up. I grew up loving reading and understanding how to be self-sufficient.
    Good old Wamsutter!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Good old Wamsutter!
    Small world, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone online who recognized it. If you ever knew the Waldner family out there, Ken was my godfather, rest his soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So, what was it?
    I dont recall what term she used that she thought it looked like. She humored me and froze it. Hasnt been a problem again so far, at least as far as I know. Nothing has turned up in follow-up blood work after leukemia (not sure how broad of a swath of stuff they look for) and Ive asked about skin bumps when in to see the oncologist.

Wamsutter. An old guy at church in Az used to tell me every time he saw me that he had a daughter and son-in-law that moved to Smutsutter. He knew Id moved up north, and wanted to re-establish his connection to the country for me.
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-12-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Small world, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone online who recognized it. If you ever knew the Waldner family out there, Ken was my godfather, rest his soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I grew up in Laramie. We were practically (Wyoming speaking) - neighbors!

User Tag List