Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence of American Decency

Evidence of American Decency

In the era of 24-hour news (that tends to be 90% bad), it is easy to believe the country is going to Hell. Here is a thread that documents the good things that we do for each other. I’ll start with the entire Nashville Airport erupting in the Star Spangled Banner when it was announced that a plane full of Gold Star Kids was boarding their flight to Disney.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39261...rs-joseph-curl

They were saluted by service members in uniform who were near the terminal.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Breaks my heart that there are enough gold star kids in one area of the country to fill a plane.

Site Supporter
    As a whole, America is the most decent place in history. We are lucky and blessed to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Breaks my heart that there are enough gold star kids in one area of the country to fill a plane.
    Ft Campbell is just up the road about 30 minutes drive time. The post as a whole has not had every unit back at the same time sine 9/11
    The post has several deployable organizations.

101st
    5th SFG(A)
    160th SOAR
    EOD
    A Combat Hospital unit
    100th MP Bn

Are just a few
    It really sucks, but the military is a big family and does try to help those families that lost a loved one.
    I wish society as a whole could pull together when it matters, like a military community.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 12-11-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    In the era of 24-hour news (that tends to be 90% bad), it is easy to believe the country is going to Hell. Here is a thread that documents the good things that we do for each other. I’ll start with the entire Nashville Airport erupting in the Star Spangled Banner when it was announced that a plane full of Gold Star Kids was boarding their flight to Disney.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39261...rs-joseph-curl

They were saluted by service members in uniform who were near the terminal.

If I'm reading this right, this thread was kicked off with this sacred and generous action and the thread is to illustrate other good deeds?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If I'm reading this right, this thread was kicked off with this sacred and generous action and the thread is to illustrate other good deeds?
    Correct.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Man gives up 1st class seat to woman with sick baby.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/first...was-tearing-up

A few years back I was at a Carolina Hurricanes game. We did the military rush deal (60 minutes prior to puck drop, remaining tickets are sold to military and students at a steep discount - great way to get some GOOD seats for cheap). So we get in just a few minutes before the game's about to start and encounter the typical crowded-arena crush of people tripping over each other to stare at the gift shop, get a beer before the game starts, figure out where their seats are, etc and we're trying to navigate the mayhem to get to where we're going when all of a sudden everyone in the stairwell just stops. At first I was annoyed (still trying to get up the damn stairs, come on people). Then it gets quiet and the only sound in the entire place starts with "Oh say can you see..."

The ENTIRE ARENA came to a complete standstill for the national anthem. The coolest part was that it was so widespread and completely unprompted - nobody had to remind anyone else. They just did it.

Small fry, but neighbors coming to the aid of their neighbors when they're cold, can't shovel the snow, get stuck in a ditch, don't have provisions.

It says a lot about the people and thankfully more than a few stand up. The last couple of days without power (and internet, directv, etc) reminded me of something I had forgotten was still something alive and kicking.

Thanks for the thread, Sensei, it's good to remember who we are.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The other day we had a good bit of rain and had cars sliding off the Intertate left and right. A Camaro was stuck in the median, and as I stopped to assist (on duty), a young guy with a 4x4 truck stopped and offered to pull them out. The only payment he accepted was a car wash (the Camaro really needed it). I happily provided traffic control and then led them to the car wash.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List