Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New "1911" Pistols

Thanks. Good to know. In my case, that's when the gun would take a trip back to the factory or a competent gunsmith. "A man's got to know his limitations."
    Real guns have hammers.

Tom,Ron from RO,Dan Wesson discontinued the V-Bob Commander in steel,one of our distributor's has a few left,I have one on hold,I'll try to call you today with a price.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    External extractors are a non-issue. S&W and Sig always used them, and maybe others. Dan Wesson even used them on their Patriots and original run of CBOB’s, both their flagship lines at one time. They’re actually more reliable than internal extractors, since they don’t go out of adjustment...with the catch that if they don’t work, you’re SOL because there’s no adjustments to be made. But no more so of an issue than with your trusty Glock and every other polymer gun, which all use external extractors.

Tom,PM sent.

I figured I'd make a final post to this thread for the sake of completeness. Thanks to Ron at Ramsey Outdoor and my local police department, which processed my pistol permit in record time, I received my Dan Wesson V-Bob before the end of the year. Fit and finish on the gun, in the duty black version, were excellent.
    I bought 5 Wilson Combat ETM 10 round magazines while they were having their end of year sale. I have only 425 rounds through the gun so far, with 1 failure to feed at round 30. Per Dan Wesson's instructions, I cleaned the gun every 50 rounds for the first 300. I've shot mostly 147 grain Lawman with the gun, although I've shot enough 115s and 124s to know that they have no issues either. My Wilson mags don't touch the extractor as some have reported; I'm assuming I have the latest version. I shot a static steel match with 115 grain Federal Syntech and the Wilson mags. So far, the gun runs. I'm very pleased.
    2 issues so far. The sights don't shoot nearly to point of aim. With all weight factory bullets, the gun shoots 6 1/2 inches high at 25 yards. Repeated attempts by myself and my dealer have received no response from Dan Wesson whatsoever. I'm thinking that the sights might be regulated for the 45 ACP version of the gun. If so, it's inexcusable to ship a gun that lists for almost $2,100 that doesn't have a taller front sight for 9mm. My solution was to have 40 thousands of an inch taken off the rear sight by a good gunsmith. (Thanks to customer support at Dawson Precision for helping me with the math.) The gun now shoots to point of aim.
    I'm going to put a lot more rounds through the gun before I'd feel confident recommending it.

Lack of response from Dan Wesson is very disheartening. Suppose you get a gun that has a real issue?
    Real guns have hammers.

Dan Wesson customer service

If you have any ongoing issues with your Dan Wesson, try emailing Keith Lawton directly: keith@cz-USA.com
    It has been a few years, and he’s higher up in the company now, but he was very responsive when I had an issue with my Dan Wesson. I had a great customer service experience with them, FWIW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    My Wilson mags don't touch the extractor as some have reported
    That's good -- if your mag touches the extractor you have a real problem.

Sorry, I know you meant "ejector".

You’re right! 🙀
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I figured I'd make a final post to this thread for the sake of completeness. Thanks to Ron at Ramsey Outdoor and my local police department, which processed my pistol permit in record time, I received my Dan Wesson V-Bob before the end of the year. Fit and finish on the gun, in the duty black version, were excellent.
    I bought 5 Wilson Combat ETM 10 round magazines while they were having their end of year sale. I have only 425 rounds through the gun so far, with 1 failure to feed at round 30. Per Dan Wesson's instructions, I cleaned the gun every 50 rounds for the first 300. I've shot mostly 147 grain Lawman with the gun, although I've shot enough 115s and 124s to know that they have no issues either. My Wilson mags don't touch the extractor as some have reported; I'm assuming I have the latest version. I shot a static steel match with 115 grain Federal Syntech and the Wilson mags. So far, the gun runs. I'm very pleased.
    2 issues so far. The sights don't shoot nearly to point of aim. With all weight factory bullets, the gun shoots 6 1/2 inches high at 25 yards. Repeated attempts by myself and my dealer have received no response from Dan Wesson whatsoever. I'm thinking that the sights might be regulated for the 45 ACP version of the gun. If so, it's inexcusable to ship a gun that lists for almost $2,100 that doesn't have a taller front sight for 9mm. My solution was to have 40 thousands of an inch taken off the rear sight by a good gunsmith. (Thanks to customer support at Dawson Precision for helping me with the math.) The gun now shoots to point of aim.
    I'm going to put a lot more rounds through the gun before I'd feel confident recommending it.

Lack of response from Dan Wesson is very disheartening. Suppose you get a gun that has a real issue?
    How have you been trying to get in touch with them? Have you filled out the electronic warranty repair request form on the website?

DW will swap out the front sight for free for you to get your desired POA/POI. Turn around time is usually about a week.

Or, like mentioned above, you can email Keith@cz-USA.com or endre@cz-USA.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    How have you been trying to get in touch with them? Have you filled out the electronic warranty repair request form on the website?
    Yes, twice. Plus leaving a voicemail. No response.

DW will swap out the front sight for free for you to get your desired POA/POI. Turn around time is usually about a week.
    Too late now.

Or, like mentioned above, you can email Keith@cz-USA.com or endre@cz-USA.com.

Thanks, I've made a note if there are future issues.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List