Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The New "1911" Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    External extractors are a non-issue. S&W and Sig always used them, and maybe others. Dan Wesson even used them on their Patriots and original run of CBOB’s, both their flagship lines at one time. They’re actually more reliable than internal extractors, since they don’t go out of adjustment...with the catch that if they don’t work, you’re SOL because there’s no adjustments to be made. But no more so of an issue than with your trusty Glock and every other polymer gun, which all use external extractors.
    Except in the case of Kimber, they had a lot of issues with their external extractor guns.

haven't there been numerous complaints about DW pistols not shooting to POA?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Yes some of their 9mms seemingly shoot 6” high but it seems that DW is very quick to resolve any issues with POI/POA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    I shot a static steel match with 115 grain Federal Syntech and the Wilson mags. So far, the gun runs. I'm very pleased.
    Forgive the thread drift, but where did you shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I think all of my DW Guardians (3 9mm, 3 .45) shot high, except for my .38 Super version, which was fine. They all had to go back for a .180” front sight. I think they come with .140”. When I spec’d out my custom CCO and VBOB (both in 9mm), I had them use .180” front sights and they shot fine. I think my factory 9mm VBOB and Valkyrie Commander shot high as well.

The majority of my DW .45’s shot POA/POI.

It’s a pain, but it’s really the only issue I’ve had with DW. They take care of it promptly and for free, but it’s an inconvenience nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Forgive the thread drift, but where did you shoot?
    My local gun club. We put on static or knock down matches Sunday evenings during the winter. In warmer months everyone prefers to shoot outdoors.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List