Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitch Rosen Ultimatum

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    So my 2C as the "AIWB" guy.

That holster would not work well at all. Its to low on the belt line, it doesn't have any ride height or cant adjustments and its really wide so some folks won't have enough room for it to sit right on the body.

Ive Ran Mitch's stuff in the past and it was okay. this one not so much. IMHO.

If you want Leather 5shot leather and there is another one on board here that is good and I cant think of the name sorry... ( not enough coffee yet.

Hope you find a great holster!!
    The other one you're thinking of is probably Jim Ryan, JRC Holsters. I've used several JRC Holsters and found them all to be outstanding.

Site Supporter
    Interesting insights, guys. I’m really intrigued by the concept. But, as many have mentioned, i worry thickness may be an issue. I actually had a JRC CDA 2 and found it to be too thick, and less concealable than cheapo one size fits all options which are slimmer and ride lower.

Ive tried some kydex wing claw options (granted, not JMCK) and, for me, they were unacceptably conspicuous and not comfortable at all. And they really didn’t seem that slim.

I’m look into that dale fricke option as well.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 12-11-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've always wished Rosen would make the Workman with zero cant for AIWB.

Attachment 33163
    http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckSnap.htm

Shows available with 0* cant.

*I have no personal experience with this company/product
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-11-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckSnap.htm

Shows available with 0* cant.

*I have no personal experience with this company/product
    Nice find, if I ever have to go back to tucking in my shirts, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Interesting insights, guys. I’m really intrigued by the concept. But, as many have mentioned, i worry thickness may be an issue. I actually had a JRC CDA 2 and found it to be too thick, and less concealable than cheapo one size fits all options which are slimmer and ride lower.

Ive tried some kydex wing claw options (granted, not JMCK) and, for me, they were unacceptably conspicuous and not comfortable at all. And they really didn’t seem that slim.

I’m look into that dale fricke option as well.
    Tried a Keeper? I love mine. The Keeper works very well with the longer guns in my experience. I've spent a load of time carrying an M9A3 in a Keeper. It stays hidden and it's comfortable. Next holster I order will probably be a Keeper for my PX4 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've always wished Rosen would make the Workman with zero cant for AIWB.

Attachment 33163
    Why not ask the guy that Rosen got the design from: danddgunleather.com
    Last edited by Drang; 12-11-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Tried a Keeper? I love mine. The Keeper works very well with the longer guns in my experience. I've spent a load of time carrying an M9A3 in a Keeper. It stays hidden and it's comfortable. Next holster I order will probably be a Keeper for my PX4 CC
    I'm familiar with the Keeper. Not to take away anything from your experience... but, it doesn't look like it would be comfortable at all. Seems very wide (deep?) front to back and kinda bulky. Though I realize looks can be deceiving.

I tried the Mastermind Tactics AIWB for my 92 and my PX4cc. Maybe those products are a different ballgame from a Keeper, Archangel, JMCK, etc... but... I can say those just didn't work for me. That line from Stepbrothers comes to mind, when they try on the obnoxiously huge nightvision goggles... "You know, they're not that noticeable!!" Yeah... those holsters certainly were. And they were very uncomfortable. But I realize holsters are totally subjective. They were nicely made and I'm sure they work great for a lot of people. Just not in a rush to try another example of that style. The JRC was a little better, but not much, honestly.

As long as it's not super thick, I think this Ultimatum could work. But... a think there's a good chance it will be super thick. Otherwise, my JM4 QCC works well enough. It's kind of a neat concept... and if you're looking for something that rides lower, for up-front carry, it's worth a look.

https://jm4tactical.com/original-mag...ors-available/
    Last edited by MattyD380; 12-11-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I'm familiar with the Keeper. Not to take away anything from your experience... but, it doesn't look like it would be comfortable at all. Seems very wide (deep?) front to back and kinda bulky. Though I realize looks can be deceiving.

I tried the Mastermind Tactics AIWB for my 92 and my PX4cc. Maybe those products are a different ballgame from a Keeper, Archangel, JMCK, etc... but... I can say those just didn't work for me. That line from Stepbrothers comes to mind, when they try on the obnoxiously huge nightvision goggles... "You know, they're not that noticeable!!" Yeah... those holsters certainly were. And they were very uncomfortable. But I realize holsters are totally subjective. They were nicely made and I'm sure they work great for a lot of people. Just not in a rush to try another example of that style. The JRC was a little better, but not much, honestly.

As long as it's not super thick, I think this Ultimatum could work. But... a think there's a good chance it will be super thick. Otherwise, my JM4 QCC works well enough. It's kind of a neat concept... and if you're looking for something that rides lower, for up-front carry, it's worth a look.

https://jm4tactical.com/original-mag...ors-available/
    The Keeper looks bigger than it is, IME. The adjustability is a huge plus also. AIWB is one of those things, the holsters are just so personal. It took me a few tries to get it right. It also took some experimenting beyond just buying holster x and belt y. You can have great gear, and have it set up .25" off one way or another and it feels bad. Then a small adjustment hits the sweet spot and it's great. At least that's how it all went for me.

Way too low in my opinion.

I've had great experience with Mitch Rosen holsters in the past, and he did a few custom one-off holsters for me that are still excellent. However, I agree with the posters here that it sits way too low in the waist to be functional or usable.

I found this quote from their website ironic:

"The Ultimatum is not a game holster, but designed for professionals."

I wonder what "professionals" they are designing it for??

User Tag List