Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Rosen Ultimatum

Site Supporter

Mitch Rosen Ultimatum

Wondered if anyone has tried this...

https://mitchrosen.com/products/hols...band-holsters/

Unlike most (I guess), I AIWB at 11:45ish, in very low-riding holster. So, the grip runs across my centerline, roughly parallel to the belt--essentially crossdraw, I suppose. Apparently this holster is designed precisely for that mode of carry. Right now, I use a JM4 Tactical QCC for both my P239 and my P245 (and occasionally my PX4cc). Works well for this approach to AIWB... but then I saw this.

I don't think I'd tuck it into the pants, as shown in the picture. But it will be nice to have something that's designed to keep the grip low.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 12-10-2018 at 09:27 PM.

That’s an interesting holster. Good to see Rosen coming out with new products.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Wondered if anyone has tried this...

https://mitchrosen.com/products/hols...band-holsters/

Unlike most (I guess), I AIWB at 11:45ish, in very low-riding holster. So, the grip runs across my centerline, roughly parallel to the belt--essentially crossdraw, I suppose. Apparently this holster is designed precisely for that mode of carry. Right now, I use a JM4 Tactical QCC for both my P239 and my P245 (and occasionally my PX4cc). Works well for this approach to AIWB... but then I saw this.

I don't think I'd tuck it into the pants, as shown in the picture. But it will be nice to have something that's designed to keep the grip low.
    The Dale Fricke Jonathan straight drop IWB carries very low also although not this low. It works very well AIWB. This Rosen would have it's place but it would be pretty specialized IMO.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Looks interesting. The biggest plus to me is that I still like leather better than kydex. Doesn’t look to be compatible with RMR’s though.

So my 2C as the "AIWB" guy.

That holster would not work well at all. Its to low on the belt line, it doesn't have any ride height or cant adjustments and its really wide so some folks won't have enough room for it to sit right on the body.

Ive Ran Mitch's stuff in the past and it was okay. this one not so much. IMHO.

If you want Leather 5shot leather and there is another one on board here that is good and I cant think of the name sorry... ( not enough coffee yet.

Hope you find a great holster!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I've always wished Rosen would make the Workman with zero cant for AIWB.

Name:  wkm.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  8.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've always wished Rosen would make the Workman with zero cant for AIWB.

Name:  wkm.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  8.1 KB
    Have you asked?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Adams Holsters “Closing Time” is my go-to for when I carry an iron sight Glock. Leather AIWB done right.

https://adamsholsters.com/store/closingtimeholster

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Have you asked?
    Yep, over a decade ago, but at least then, the answer was no.

I own several Mitch Rosen OWB holsters and find them to be excellent. They break in nicely and are well designed functional holsters. I also bought an IWB from him that I had customized to accept a Crimson Trace laser for my HK45C. The most expensive holster I ever bought and a total waste of money. Besides being too tight, (I know they're supposed to be broken in) I think the big design issue is the double layer of leather required to make the mouth of the holster rigid enough for IWB. This adds a lot of thickness to the holster. Based on this experience, I think OWB holsters should be leather and IWB should be kydex. In terms of customer service, I also found Mitch to be incredibly arrogant on the phone.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List