Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Odd finding with new American Eagle 124 grain

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    How the hell have they had 18 complaints in the last year, but get a BBB A+ rating????
    I have no idea.

But I have no idea in general how the BBB works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I want to recommend SGAmmo.com here.

In several years of regular ammo purchases, I had a single instance of some problem ammo (Not SGA's fault) and got a shipping label for them to get it back within minutes, no questions asked.

I’ll second this recommendation for SGAmmo. I’ve always been pleased with their prices, customer service, and quality.

Yup, I use SGAmmo and LuckyGunner. One in a very great while, I have ordered Brenneke slugs from Target Sports, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    How the hell have they had 18 complaints in the last year, but get a BBB A+ rating????
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I have no idea.

But I have no idea in general how the BBB works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make a complaint about a company, the company has a chance to respond.

Their score only gets dinged if they fail to respond to your original complaint or if they fail to respond to your appeal to their previous response. They don't actually have to resolve the problem....they just have to wait for you to stop continuing your complaint and then BBB closes the "case".

I learned this when dealing with NewEgg.com, and when they didn't send a computer (and for a month didn't send a computer) that I had paid for.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-19-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I use SGAmmo too. Fast service, tracking info, and a good selection of ammo.

Site Supporter
    I have purchased from them and never had a problem. I found it odd I could buy one case and get free shipping. If I buy a case and a box I had to pay shipping and it seemed a little high. I don't plan to take the chance. Every business has issues. It is how they handle the issues that separates the good from the bad. I try to learn from the experience of others. I dont expect every business to be chick fil a but a little service goes a long way.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I’ve done a lot of business with TargetSportsUSA and never had a problem. Several cases of .22LR in the past couple months. They even bought some LE1321B at my suggestion a few years ago.
    I like Sam. He's a good guy, and I like buying from him.

But TSUSA has some amazingly good prices on what I'm going to shoot for the first half or more of 2019, plus Vista Outdoors rebates of $2/box on any centerfire ammo except 9mm, which is $1/box. I came out ahead on the one order signing up for the Prime Ammo program. It's an 8 percent discount on everything ammo, and I will now have the option of buying one box of something, or one box each of five different things to try and getting free shipping until 12/21/2019. I just might let a shooting buddy know...

Also, with the rebate, the 135gr .38SPL+P Gold Dots are only a few cents more per round than the least expensive, quality, big-factory FMJ I could find. I was thinking about working up a surrogate practice load with Hornady or Sierra 140gr rounds, but realized it's not worth the time. Y'all should go stock up if you shoot revolvers.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

So I just picked up a case of fiocchi 115 and it's good to go. Their prices can't be beat coupled with the fact that they are literally a five-minute drive from my door.

I also just snagged a case of S&B 124 grain for 166 out the door.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I need to check what lot my AE 9mm is from. I had 2 dud primers last time I went to the range. Seeing as American Eagle is a widely approved LE practice round, I was surprised, and I'm even more surprised to see this. To be fair, though, I've never experienced an issue with AE ammo before those two duds in tens of thousands of rounds.
    Last edited by GlorifiedMailman; 12-28-2018 at 09:44 PM.

User Tag List