Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd finding with new American Eagle 124 grain

Getting wet sound to me like a carrier issue in transit. Who delivered the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Getting wet sound to me like a carrier issue in transit. Who delivered the ammo?
    Again, the cling wrap and outer shipping box were dry with no visible water damage.

Same here. Boxes were dry with no signs of moisture present. I picked mine up directly from the target sports warehouse.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Ive had some real problems with AE QC lately I wont buy it any more.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I think Target Sports needs your call before Federal does. That sure as heck looks like a vendor problem, not a factory problem.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Well, this was the response from Target Sports after chatting with their online chat and sending them requested photos, frankly I am a bit surprised by it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 12-11-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Ammo that cheap with free shipping on cases of it doesn’t surprise me that they’re cutting costs somewhere. Might be time to start buying ammo from Luckygunner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any flooding in that area in recent months? Looks like water damage to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Ammo that cheap with free shipping on cases of it doesn’t surprise me that they’re cutting costs somewhere. Might be time to start buying ammo from Luckygunner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've purchased about 15k rounds of 9mm through them in the last year and a half...this is literally the first issue I've encountered with them. I always go pick up from their warehouse as it's about 5 minutes down the road.

We've had a rainy year, again not sure if they're having issues. I just snagged another case of 115 fiocchi and the stuff looks pristine, have had the same experience with there S+B 115 and 124 as well as aguila.

I'll reserve judgement on TSUSA for the moment, until after you talk to Federal. I hope this isn't the start of some circle-jerk run-around between the two of them. That would really stink.

Also just re-reading your original post; if you're noticing a difference in recoil from them, I'd definitely not shoot them any longer, as that to me indicates powder contamination.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 12-11-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List