Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd finding with new American Eagle 124 grain

Odd finding with new American Eagle 124 grain

Purchased a case of 124 grain American eagle from Target Sports about a month ago. About 10% of every box out of the case looks like this. The rounds cycle without issue,maybe feeling a little weaker than the non-tarnished cases.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue before? I'm going to make a call to federal tomorrow and see what/if they have anything to say.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Ummm... I would NOT shoot those.
    and do us all a favor, post up the lot number(s) for the boxes that are doing that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Both numbers on the boxes are effected. The case is split 50/50 between numbers. About 6-10 rounds per box are like the ones in the original photo.

Who did you buy it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the original post....

Target Sports.

I’ve seen that with agency ammo stored in a conex in humid areas for long periods. We didn’t see failures but I wouldn’t tolerate that on carry/duty ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’ve seen that with agency ammo stored in a conex in humid areas for long periods. We didn’t see failures but I wouldn’t tolerate that on carry/duty ammo.
    I bought this about 3 weeks ago, going to reach out to federal tomorrow see if they have anything to say. Probably get me nowhere, but we shall see.

Site Supporter
    I've shot 1900 rounds of that ammo this year and haven't had any rounds that look like the ones in the picture. Mine was manufactured in February, so a different lot than the problem ammo. Also, I purchased mine from SGAmmo.

Seen it many times in winchester white box, your basic case corrosion, likely from moisture, unless the case is compromised they go bang just fine.

You will notice the vague line, the corrosion occurs primarily above the tray line, I used to find some of the rounds that were on the edges of the case or one end of a box were the worst, I associated it with a box or one end of a box that got wet at some point but dried out.

Also the pH of some of the board stock paper they use might be part of the problem, it doesn't matter dry but if wet might accelerate corrosion of the brass.
    Last edited by fatdog; 12-10-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Also about a month ago I got a shipment of various 22LR from TSUSA that was entirely unacceptable. It was delayed, damaged, WET, and filled incorrectly. Here's a sample picture:

Name:  20181113_171649.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  82.0 KB

You can see the warping clearest on the CCI box but the whole lot was quite wet to the touch, and several other boxes just fell apart. Oddly, the cling wrap and outer shipping box were dry with no visible water damage. IvanaD insisted everything left their warehouse dry, but I insisted with strong language that TSUSA accept return of the entire shipment. To their credit, they did, and I was refunded the full amount. I've had dozens of satisfactory shipments from TSUSA in the past but your post confirms they had some water-related problems that they didn't want to admit.

User Tag List