Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSD User in My Front Yard

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I started wearing a shoulder holster as my house rig.
    I had forgotten I want this...
    http://www.dlsports.com/holster_dual..._shoulder.html

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I started wearing a shoulder holster as my house rig. For that role, it's great. It's way more comfortable to wear around the house/sit on the couch than having stuff on my belt.

The trade-off in cons is worth it to me as a house rig. I still use belt holsters for everything else.
    Shoulder rigs excel for that role and of course lots of driving.

Easy to wear a shoulder rig at home with a light gun and throw on a jacket/vest/Hawaiian shirt as a cover garment when you go to check the mail.

The Null SMZ, SKR, and USH all work great. The SMZ is the old Paris Theodore Seventrees design that also allows one to conceal a compact handgun with a suppressor on it pretty easily. You know, if you're carrying a can equipped gun for some reason.

The SKR is great for aluminum framed wheelies and is quasi-upside down, giving fast access and great concealment, USH is basically same rig but for semi-autos.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

1) Don’t’ assume weird stuff won’t happen at noon on a sunny Saturday, in my driveway.

I think this right here is all you need.

I make a conscious habit of telling myself this.

Reminds me of @Tom Givens thread "There is no Mayberry anymore"
    Last edited by fixer; 12-11-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I think this right here is all you need.

I make a conscious habit of telling myself this.

Reminds me of @Tom Givens thread "There is no Mayberry anymore"
    Yes, I think you're right.

When leaving my property, I try to be ready for anything from a harsh word to a hand grenade, to borrow Paul Sharp's expression. But I was obviously ill-prepared when weirdness made a house call.

Software and hardware changes have been implemented since the encounter, and they'll be evaluated and refined in the coming weeks. The shoulder holster is something I hadn't considered before, but it has my attention now. The K.L. Null models look nice, and are pretty affordable.

Thanks for the feedback, gents.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-11-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Site Supporter
    The OP may want to review the P-F “Lounge-Around Gun” thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nge-around-gun

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    If it makes you feel any better, LSD is not a classic 'street drug' and is usually is not associated with violent behavior. Classic hippy drug of low addictive/abuse potential and low profit margins as well, so users/dealers are usually college kids or those who never truly left college just trying to open expand their minds, maaaan.

Assuming he was actually using LSD, of course.

Source: I went to a hippy college in Portland OR

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, LSD is not a classic 'street drug' and is usually is not associated with violent behavior. Classic hippy drug of low addictive/abuse potential and low profit margins as well, so users/dealers are usually college kids or those who never truly left college just trying to open expand their minds, maaaan.

Assuming he was actually using LSD, of course.

Source: I went to a hippy college in Portland OR
    Unfortunately my professional experience does not mirror the medical perspective. I police a college town and we have a historically strong correlation between LSD, wrestling naked people, and subsequent workmen’s comp claims. Most situations are ultimately resolved with lots of manpower, Tazers, and either Halidol or Ketamine.

ETA- what is it with LSD and anal fixations? One person harvested ammunition to throw at officers, another was handcuffed and being held down by two officers when he, uh... explored himself.
    Last edited by DpdG; 12-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

PCP is making a big comeback in my neck of the woods. I was accosted by a shirtless guy covered in sweat in 50 degree weather, alternately calling me a mother@#$!% and telling me he would kick my ass and weeping and calling me his brother, sometimes in the same sentence.

He eventually wandered off without further incident but this happened as I rushed to the train station to pick up my then pregnant wife and had neglected to take anything with me.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Unfortunately my professional experience does not mirror the medical perspective. I police a college town and we have a historically strong correlation between LSD, wrestling naked people, and subsequent workmen’s comp claims. Most situations are ultimately resolved with lots of manpower, Tazers, and either Halidol or Ketamine.

ETA- what is it with LSD and anal fixations? One person harvested ammunition to throw at officers, another was handcuffed and being held down by two officers when he, uh... explored himself.
    Are you sure they're on LSD, and not something else (that may or may not have been inaccurately sold as LSD)? Lots of dealers will sell "LSD" that is actually random research chemicals (DOM, 2C-I, 2C-E, etc) purchased online and advertised as being LSD when it is not.

In any case I guess there's no telling. Sober people do crazy shit, I am sure >1 person has taken LSD and gotten fiesty.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    PCP is making a big comeback in my neck of the woods. I was accosted by a shirtless guy covered in sweat in 50 degree weather, alternately calling me a mother@#$!% and telling me he would kick my ass and weeping and calling me his brother, sometimes in the same sentence.

He eventually wandered off without further incident but this happened as I rushed to the train station to pick up my then pregnant wife and had neglected to take anything with me.
    There's a non zero chance he was just garden variety fuckin crazy too. Serious mental illness (schizophrenia, etc) is more common than a lot of folks appreciate.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Yes, I think you're right.

When leaving my property, I try to be ready for anything from a harsh word to a hand grenade, to borrow Paul Sharp's expression. But I was obviously ill-prepared when weirdness made a house call.

Software and hardware changes have been implemented since the encounter, and they'll be evaluated and refined in the coming weeks. The shoulder holster is something I hadn't considered before, but it has my attention now. The K.L. Null models look nice, and are pretty affordable.

Thanks for the feedback, gents.
    Solid response.

If you use a Glock, go with the USH. The SMZ works with Glocks, but the way it works is using polymer to create a "hangar" that loops through the trigger guard. It's too flexible to activate the trigger on a DAO/TDA/LEM gun, but maybe not with a lighter striker. If you've got a J-Frame, the SKR is where it's at.

User Tag List