Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What would you like to see for a comparison?

As you know, the advantage to the Nomad is that it makes Glock parts. I guess I'd prefer it over the P10C just on that alone.
    I was thinking over all shooting impressions. But I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.

I see you're using a Gen 5 upper now. Will the frame work with Gen 5 fire control parts?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I was thinking over all shooting impressions. But I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.

I see you're using a Gen 5 upper now. Will the frame work with Gen 5 fire control parts?
    I was wondering this exact same thing since it is a two pin design. It would be amazeballs if you can put gen 5 trigger components in.

I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.
    Any Glock 19 slides should work. Only catch I can think of is you might need a little spacer piece for the recoil spring on a Gen 1-3 slide.

The frame is a Gen 4 and uses Gen 4 guts. Not super familiar with Gen 5 stuff but the Nomad frame is not built for the ambi slide stop if that's what you're asking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Tell me there's a full size version in the final stages of development.
    Possibly revealed at SHOT 2020...

Fingers crossed. It might be a nice plaftorm to build a 34 out of.

Now available is Nomad's mag well for the Nomad 9 frame.

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-de...pact-standard/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Now available is Nomad's mag well for the Nomad 9 frame.

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-de...pact-standard/

I handled this exact combo today at SHOT. The CNC'd backstrap I handled was the 'Medium,' which provided a sort of CZ grip angle. I really loved it, fit perfectly in my hand and sights were flat and aligned my first press out.

The magfunnel was well executed, in that I didn't immediately notice it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I handled this exact combo today at SHOT. The CNC'd backstrap I handled was the 'Medium,' which provided a sort of CZ grip angle. I really loved it, fit perfectly in my hand and sights were flat and aligned my first press out.

The magfunnel was well executed, in that I didn't immediately notice it was there.
    That's cool.

Any word on a full-size frame?

I’m a lot more interested in this than the MR920. I would like to see a full size frame and Gen 5 compatibility though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Is anyone making a Gen 5 compatible frame yet?

I'm using a Gen 5 slide on my Nomad frame but it isn't Gen 5 in that it lacks the ambi slide release.

The fact that the frame is not compatible with existing holsters makes it a non-starter. Sad because I have a Gen4 upper that I need a frame for.

User Tag List