Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Can you whack the pin with a BFH and make a little flat spot on that would give it a little more tension. Sometimes my gunsmithing methods are a little crude.
    I imagine flattening the pin slightly would certainly do the trick. My fear with using something oversized is that it will only serve to enlarge the plastic and make the problem worse.

A drop of blue Loktite might be a decent fix. It shouldn't hurt anything and isn't in a critical area that would gum up the works if some comes loose.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I put about 150 rounds through mine tonight. While I can move the pin with my finger, it didn't seem to move at all while shooting. Did about 25 one handed shots with the left and 25 with the right to see if my grip was holding it in. Still didn't seem to move at all. From the performance tonight I am guessing this will be a non issue in the long run.

I've still had the wandering pin deal with my frame. I emailed Nomad today to ask about it.

Here's what they plan for future production:

The next frames that ship will see that hole get a little tighter. That hole uses a 3mm (.118") pin. I mill it about .124" in the frame to account for any mismatch that happens between the trigger housing and the frame. The hole in the trigger housing is .121". I'll likely end up taking our frame hole down to .121 so that it will be a net fit with the trigger housing, but with the .118 pin, the pin should be small enough to account for any mismatch.

Just another quick update.

Nomad sent me a custom steel trigger housing pin. I did not measure it before installing. This new pin is snug but could still be pushed in by hand. I think it will solve the walking pin issue.

I shot my MR918 and my Nomad Defense frame put together with Gen 4 Glock 19 parts yesterday. Both guns were fired from a padded rest from 25 yards and were tested using the same ammo. I fired 25 rounds in five round groups for a total of 75 rounds through each gun.

First off, I think I prefer the Nomad grip shape over that of the MR918. It is more rounded than I usually prefer but I don't feel like my hand is quite as "crowded" if that makes sense. But the Nomad texture is smoother than the Shadow Systems and not nearly as effective. Both frames have a permanent beavertail so I had no issues with slide bite from either gun.

The Nomad trigger, being a stock Glock part, is a little heavier than the Shadow but it doesn't have as much pre-travel and has a crisper break. My Shadow trigger is a little gritty but is getting better and better with use.

Ammo used was 124 grain Federal HST, Winchester 147 grain White Box JHP and Winchester USA Forged steel case 115 grain. The only malfunction I had was in the Shadow. It was a failure to eject when using the steel case stuff.

Here are my results:

Nomad/Glock
    124 HST
    Avg MV 1178.4
    Avg group 3.04"

115 Steel
    Avg MV 1144.6
    Avg group 2.07"

147 WWB
    Avg MV 946.1
    Avg group 2.44"

Overall 2.51"

MR918
    124 HST
    Avg MV 1147.4
    Avg group 2.56"

115 Steel
    Avg MV 1145.3
    Avg group 3.16"

147 WWB
    Avg MV 919.9
    Avg group 2.18"

Overall 2.63"

As can be seen, I shot slightly better groups with the MR with the USA Forged ammo being the exception. The Glock barrel really liked that stuff. It wasn't terrible through the MR but the Glock barrel seemed to work well with it.

Both guns are generally fun and easy to shoot and are a different take on what's possible with a Glock frame while maintaining parts compatibility. The Shadow frame is a Glock 19 frame in general shape while the Nomad frame kind of reminds me of an M&P.

I have previously had some issues with the Nomad trigger housing pin walking out of the frame under recoil. Nomad recently sent me a slightly oversized steel pin that fits more tightly in the frame. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Here are pictures of both. The Nomad has a Brownell's slide in these photos but I used a stock Glock 19 slide for my accuracy testing.

Last mag of the day was fifteen rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P through the MR918. I shot this group from 10 yards standing. Pulled one a little low and left.
    Oops!

With Gen 5 MOS slide

Do you realize how difficult you're making it for me to bide my time and stay focused on the M&P CORE I'd like to pick up in the near future?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Do you realize how difficult you're making it for me to bide my time and stay focused on the M&P CORE I'd like to pick up in the near future?
    Get one of each.

The frame is $200. The MOS top end was $389 off gunbroker.

Last edited by Tokarev; 06-11-2019 at 07:44 PM.

The ACRO to MOS adapter plate finally arrived. The Ameriglo sights are low in the sight picture. More like lower 7/8 rather than lower 2/3.

Also shown is a holster from site sponsor JM Kydex. The holster looks good and fits the gun like a glove.

Been messing with the new Trijicon SRO on the Nomad frame.

I like the SRO well enough but don't really like the buttons. Neither has much of a "click" with the - button being worse than the + button in this regard.

User Tag List