Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Does this frame have a different grip angle than the OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Does this frame have a different grip angle than the OEM?
    The grip angle is changed slightly with the change in back straps. The middle one feels best to me and is the one installed in the frame from factory. The gun still points a little high but not as high as a stock 19.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Finally got a chance to put a few rounds through mine. Fired two G17 mags of 147 grain, 2 mags of 124 grain (both american eagle) and 51 rounds of my duty 124 grain +P gold dots. Trigger housing pin did not seem to move. I really need to wring it out, however I didn't have the time due to my instructing duties. Hopefully I can hit an open range soon to get my red dot fully sighted in.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Finally got a chance to put a few rounds through mine. Fired two G17 mags of 147 grain, 2 mags of 124 grain (both american eagle) and 51 rounds of my duty 124 grain +P gold dots. Trigger housing pin did not seem to move. I really need to wring it out, however I didn't have the time due to my instructing duties. Hopefully I can hit an open range soon to get my red dot fully sighted in.
    Thanks for the update.

What are you running for a slide and barrel?

Site Supporter
    Suarez RMR slide and a standard glock barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Thanks for the update.

What are you running for a slide and barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Suarez RMR slide and a standard glock barrel
    Any updates?

I recently used my Nomad frame in a little instructor development class. Not high round count but the gun runs fine and seems to shoot pretty well. I find the frame to be completely comfortable and quite an improvement, ergonomically, over a standard Glock.

I guess my only complaint is that that rear pin still seems to want to walk. It can't fall out because my hand is in the way when I'm gripping the gun but still that pain shouldn't move around at all.

Site Supporter
    Naw, I am only shooting my duty gun. I might be able to get into some more recreational stuff when I get more time in the upcoming months.

Any updates?

I recently used my Nomad frame in a little instructor development class. Not high round count but the gun runs fine and seems to shoot pretty well. I find the frame to be completely comfortable and quite an improvement, ergonomically, over a standard Glock.

I guess my only complaint is that that rear pin still seems to want to walk. It can't fall out because my hand is in the way when I'm gripping the gun but still that pain shouldn't move around at all.

I fiddled around with a couple different drill bits trying to find a pin that is slightly bigger than the steel pin that comes with the frame. The Nomad pin measures 2.99-3.00 mm depending on where it is measured. This is using some inexpensive digital reloading calipers. The closest drill bit I could find that is likely to work for a pin is a #31 that measures 3.08 mm. It pokes into the frame and through the ejector housing pretty easily so it might work once cut off to about 3/4 of an inch.

But before I do that I'm going to try a factory Glock plastic pin. Maybe the reduced mass will help the pin stay put under recoil.

I fiddled around with a couple different drill bits trying to find a pin that is slightly bigger than the steel pin that comes with the frame. The Nomad pin measures 2.99-3.00 mm depending on where it is measured. This is using some inexpensive digital reloading calipers. The closest drill bit I could find that is likely to work for a pin is a #31 that measures 3.08 mm. It pokes into the frame and through the ejector housing pretty easily so it might work once cut off to about 3/4 of an inch.

But before I do that I'm going to try a factory Glock plastic pin. Maybe the reduced mass will help the pin stay put under recoil.
    Can you whack the pin with a BFH and make a little flat spot on that would give it a little more tension. Sometimes my gunsmithing methods are a little crude.

User Tag List