Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Some tightly molded kydex it was a hard fit, like some blade tech and the raven perun. The bravo concealment appendix holsters fit good with no issues. For duty holsters I only have the red dot als and all of my 19s wear a red dot so I can't really test how it would fit in an SLS holster. However, being als the trigger guard had no effect on fit. I tested a few VM2 style holsters I had in leather and they worked fine, along with a JRC OWB leather holster. my summer special 2 also worked with no issues. If anything, the holsters that it was tight in it gave them more retention. I wear my belt tight enough that while it was harder to draw the pistol, it didn't seem to slow down my draw (did some dry fires with the surefire timer app). With all the benefits of this frame for me, a few holsters being tight wouldn't keep me from buying more.
    Would you mind posting up some general pics of the frame? Maybe the interior of the mag well and some other views of the inside.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I didn't have time to pull the guts out yet for any pics (let me know if you want some of those) but here is what I thought might be needed based on comments:

Name:  IMG_6288.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  20.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6289.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  16.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6290.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  14.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_6292.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6293.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  15.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6294.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  17.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_6295.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  19.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6296.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  18.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6297.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_6298.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  25.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_6299.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  34.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6300.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  24.2 KB

We have a frame on order, should have some molds made up for it in the next month or so!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We have a frame on order, should have some molds made up for it in the next month or so!
    Cool.

I think I'll get a frame right after the holidays. Top it off with a barrel and slide from Brownell's.

I didn't have time to pull the guts out yet for any pics (let me know if you want some of those) ..
    These photos get the point across. Thanks. I'm glad to see there aren't any big seams or flash on the frame. It looks nice.

Just how loose is that one pin? I've seen some factory Glock frames that take quite a bit of work to remove. Others come out without a whole lot of effort. But they all seem to stay in place.

Site Supporter
    Trigger housing pin pushes out very easy as in I can do it with my finger if I have enough of a nail to get in the hole.

The actual pin that goes in the trigger and slide stop in the front is pretty solid. It is a bitch to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    These photos get the point across. Thanks. I'm glad to see there aren't any big seams or flash on the frame. It looks nice.

Just how loose is that one pin? I've seen some factory Glock frames that take quite a bit of work to remove. Others come out without a whole lot of effort. But they all seem to stay in place.

Trigger housing pin pushes out very easy as in I can do it with my finger if I have enough of a nail to get in the hole.

The actual pin that goes in the trigger and slide stop in the front is pretty solid. It is a bitch to get out.
    Hmm. Yeah that might be too loose.

Obvious next question. Have you tried a different trigger housing pin?

Site Supporter
    Yes, the one that came with the frame and one from a glock parts kit.

Yes, the one that came with the frame and one from a glock parts kit.
    That sucks. I have an email address if you want to drop Nomad a line. No phone number, unfortunately.

I was visiting a small shop yesterday that had a good stock of Gen 4 and Gen 5 pistols. The prevalent pattern currently seems to be the 19X/45 series that combine a 19 slide with a 17 frame.

This got me thinking about future Nomad products. I'd guess there would be good aftermarket interest in a frame that allows for the pairing of a Gen 3 19 slide on a frame that takes 17rd mags.

Anyone want to see something like that on the market? Maybe an email campaign is in order.

User Tag List