Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.
    Out of curiosity what are your wrist issues?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Out of curiosity what are your wrist issues?
    We’re not entirely sure. The doc was hoping my recent neck surgery would help, but that doesn’t seem to be the case (he wasn’t positive, and that wasn’t the reason for the surgery.) It might be carpal tunnel, it might be arthritis, it might be alien possession. It’s aggravated by the Glock and older Ruger MK II grip angle. Guns with a more “normal” grip angle hurt much, much less.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.
    Glocks that aren't fully Glock grip angle are:

ZEV
    Nomad
    Shadow Systems

There are probably others. These come to mind however.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Glocks that aren't fully Glock grip angle are:

ZEV
    Nomad
    Shadow Systems

There are probably others. These come to mind however.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The Nomad appeals the most to me - my available donor Glock 19s are one Gen4 and several Gen5s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    We’re not entirely sure. The doc was hoping my recent neck surgery would help, but that doesn’t seem to be the case (he wasn’t positive, and that wasn’t the reason for the surgery.) It might be carpal tunnel, it might be arthritis, it might be alien possession. It’s aggravated by the Glock and older Ruger MK II grip angle. Guns with a more “normal” grip angle hurt much, much less.
    Just in case it is carpal tunnel . . .

This is important to fix because if left unrepaired, the nerve can eventually be deprived of circulation sufficiently to damage it beyond repair.

Some doctors are doing the surgery by making a small incision in the heel of the palm, and going into the wrist endoscopically to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This may seem counter-intuitive since the cut is not over the location of the surgery, but it permits using a smaller incision to access the location of the surgery, and will have a faster recovery time. Patients leave the surgery with a band-aid covering a small number of stitches.

I recommend seeking a surgeon who uses this method unless there is a specific reason in your case to use a differnet method.

If it is arthritis, I can only speak about knees since that is my issue, but physical therapy and regular exercuse help tremendously.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

My late wife had the micro carpal tunnel surgery, and a friend had the flay you open version. Micro for the win!
    Ken

Hello all,

Just swapped out gen4 frame for nomad. Shot about 2 mags and not one shot cycled correctly. Most of them got caught by the slide. Please help

I had carpal tunnel surgery in 2021. It made things better but I was still in numb/in pain. They debrided my wrist a couple of months ago. Things were WAY better. I have cubital tunnel and tennis elbow that will require surgery. I also have some bulging discs in my neck. Some of my pain/numbness is from the elbow and some from the neck. One visit to a chiropractor and most of my pain was gone. After a few visits my elbow and hand feel better than they have in 25 years. I am still doing rehab for the wrist debrided so I am not 100% there but I am getting there.

I handled my Glock 19, my HK VP9, and my FNX Tactical. Regarding the feeling in my wrist:
    - the FNX was neutral
    - the Glock felt like it loaded my wrist
    - the VP9 did not feel like it loaded my wrist but did not feel neutral like the FNX

It is interesting because up until now I really did not feel any of that. Sure I could tell the difference in the grip angles but I could not feel it in the wrist. The doc had said everything was inflamed and my wrist had so much fluid in it that it looked like they injected contrast when they did the MRI.

The other interesting thing is my trigger pull feels way different.

For the longest time my hand has been tingling. When I did open an close my hand it felt like a had a stiff glove on it that was one size too small. I have been dealing with this for so long my right hand forgot what it was like to be normal.

I am not at a point where I can get out and shoot but I am curious to see how things go.

Site Supporter
    New Nomad frames coming soon

Name:  IMG_1480.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  41.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1481.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  45.0 KB

User Tag List