Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, shit. Thanks for the info.
    I was interested but I'm not now. Hopefully they have a G45 G19X or whatever frame in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I was interested but I'm not now. Hopefully they have a G45 G19X or whatever frame in the works.
    I’m gonna look at plan B - a Shadow Systems DR920. My plan should work with that frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’m gonna look at plan B - a Shadow Systems DR920. My plan should work with that frame.
    Yep will probably look pretty good.

Kind of disappointed that Shadow Systems isn't doing a G45 thing. But I'm still quite pleased with my DR920. Runs and shoots well.

Just got one of these in to play around with. Dropped a 19 mos gen 5 upper on. Mine was from black Phoenix customs with oem gen 5 internals aside from an overwatch trigger and Vickers slide release. Initial impressions are good.

Between it, the p80, and the shadow systems stuff - lots of options for people that want glock benefits without glock ergos.

My first gripe is i have the magwell version (only complete available from them) and I'd likely not carry it with that and am interested in trying the other backstraps at some point, assuming i source them. But oem mags go in without issue and mine works in my glock enigma setup with a haven defense apostle just fine.

Name:  20220708_144834.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  20220708_144850.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  10.8 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

First live fire today. The gun ran great and I was easily able to meet performance expectations with just a few dry practice sessions previous.

The frame feels somewhat slick when in dry practice, somewhere between a stock glock and my p80, but in live fire i didn't notice any movement or shifting and it was fairly warm and sweaty. It almost had a sticky feeling.

Despite that, I would probably choose more aggressive stippling were i given the choice. I don't like the front strap texture. Horizontal lines are not great and I would much prefer to have the texture wrapped around instead. The metal backstrap feels slick as well but the grip shape locks in quite well upon presentation.

My example with the gen 5 internals and overwatch trigger makes for a great combo, matching my tastes quite nicely.

I ran 200 rounds and my glock knuckle wasn't bothered nor did I have any hotspots or discomfort in any way. Controls were easy to reach and it felt quite natural to shoot. No malfunctions or other issues in the short 200 round session.

Looking forward to running this more.

Another session with the nomad 9/gen 5 mos slide today. It ran well and was accurate for the intended targets today. Pretty top edge of performance for me - 3/8 turbo times on gabes test (including a bill which I rarely make time on) and 3 more within a .15 of turbo. A solid cold run on the supertest (a raw 296 but 286 due to going over at the 5. A 2nd from PR run on the LAPD qual with a 336. Overall top edge of my performance - I was feeling it. That is to say I was on today more so than the gun having much to do with it but it can keep up as expected.

I ran without the magwell today and found it to be squirmy and a touch slippery like talons etc...I will continue to run the magwell unless i get better texture. It just doesn't lock in like a better textured gun like an m2.0 or polymer80. Otherwise I'm still pleased.

I'll continue to put rounds on this frame through the end of the year and update if anything exciting happens.

Target after the b8's and 3x5's were peeled away. One supertest, gabe white standards, and a lapd d platoon qual in there. Happy with that.

Put some quick and dirty texture on the front and backstraps of the Nomad 9. Fixed the feeling that is was about to squirt out of your hand like a wet bar of soap. I will hit 500 next time out and may hit 1k by years end with it. If that happens I'll update with current thoughts at that time.

I'm somewhat interested in the Nomad as a Gen 5 grip frame replacement with OEM slide/internals that would (in theory) not impact reliability. The motives: better ergos, all the stuff you'd get done to a gucci Glock (undercut, stipple, changing grip shape/angle) is already done.

Overall, is it worth it vs say, just stippling/undercutting an OEM grip frame? I'd be interested to hear someone share performance notes comparing a stock OEM frame, a Nomad, or if possible, a stippled/undercut OEM frame. Trying to decide if it's really enough difference to make it worth it, or my better investment at this point is just more ammo and training with the OEM frame I have.

Putting out an RFI for anyone running these frames, particularly G19 size. Has anyone encountered serious issues, or is the frame good to go?

I've been transitioning from Gen 4's to Gen 5's but I have a leftover Gen 4 top end that I'd like to find a home for and one of these or the LWD seem to fit the bill for Gen 4's.

This frame is interesting to me vs. leaving an upper without a home.

I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List