Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Okay. 150 rounds fired. Ammo used was a mix of 124gr Gold Dot and a 135gr reload that makes minor from my P320C. I used three factory Glock mags and two Magpul mags.

I started off by shooting a few 5rd groups from 15 yards to get a feel for the grip and trigger. I also dumped a couple mags as fast as possible. I finished off shooting right and left hand only. Did a bit of work from the holster and performed a couple reloading drills from slide lock.

No tremendous surprise but the gun ran fine in all instances outside of a failure to fire. I tried this one cartridge a second time to no avail.

I do note that the sear housing pin is offset a little to the right. Did it move while in use or did I not center it during assembly? I'll clean the gun now and push the pin to center and take note next time out. Another thing I need to check is whether or not the gun will function with the light attached.

Mandatory photo included...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

One anomaly discovered. I see a small shiny spot on the bottom of the barrel and I also note that the back end of the recoil spring guide rod is bent just a little bit. Is this caused by the aftermarket top end or is it a problem caused by the frame?

Last edited by Tokarev; 01-05-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Another 150 rounds fired.

The sear housing pin is walked over to the right side of the grip a bit. I assume it won't walk out any further with a shooting grip on the pistol. I'll email Nomad to see if they have any comments.

More alarmingly the recoil spring assembly is taking a pretty good beating. I don't have a Gen4 Glock to compare but I assume this isn't natural.

I don't want to dump a ton of money into this thing so maybe the next thing to do is get a cheap Factory top-end off of GunBroker and see what that does.

Last edited by Tokarev; 01-06-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Started building mine up this afternoon. Feels and points fabulously with the small backstrap installed. Wearing my 7 or 8k round old OEM glock slide cut by fire4effect in their stingray pattern. Sights are custom Dawson Precision black rear/tritium front that cowitness with the direct mount DPP that lives on this slide, light is the XC1-B that I got as a warranty replacement for my original XC1. Hasn't let me down yet.

Name:  Screenshot_20190107-180843_Instagram.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  98.8 KB

Internals will of course be 100% stock gen 4 glock 19 because I am not smarter than an Austrian engineer. Save for a Mayhem Syndicate Carry Comp + barrel that will be furiously tested.

And since I worry about such things when I start mucking with Glock's formula, sear engagement is essentially 100%.

Name:  20190107_180336.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  19.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Started building mine up this afternoon. Feels and points fabulously with the small backstrap installed. Wearing my 7 or 8k round old OEM glock slide cut by fire4effect in their stingray pattern. Sights are custom Dawson Precision black rear/tritium front that cowitness with the direct mount DPP that lives on this slide, light is the XC1-B that I got as a warranty replacement for my original XC1. Hasn't let me down yet.

Name:  Screenshot_20190107-180843_Instagram.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  98.8 KB

Internals will of course be 100% stock gen 4 glock 19 because I am not smarter than an Austrian engineer. Save for a Mayhem Syndicate Carry Comp + barrel that will be furiously tested.

And since I worry about such things when I start mucking with Glock's formula, sear engagement is essentially 100%.

Name:  20190107_180336.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  19.2 KB
    I don't have anything done by Fire 4 Effect but the one slide I've seen that they machined looked nice. I might have to send one in for some machining. I'll probably have them cut a slide to accept the Unity Tactical red dot plate.

How did your frame go together? Is the ejector housing pin snug?

The F4E slide is indeed a quality piece. I had it done in early 2016 and they were the only guys I could convince to put a DPP in front of the rear dovetail on a glock slide at the time. I'm no fan of the piggyback backup sight Leupold makes for the DPP.
    So far the frame went together just like a stock frame. Sear pin seems equally snug as any other, but time spent shooting will tell. Unfortunately that will be a while until I get that mayhem comp and barrel in, not sure what I did with the stock barrel

Recoil spring seems to mate to the frame normally - this is where it actually sits under recoil I think? Isn't the barrel capture notch just to ease reassembly?

Name:  20190107_180605.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  25.8 KB

A quick update:

I contacted Nomad Defense about the loose trigger housing pin and they are going to swap out this frame for a new one. I'll update ASAP.

I was at a gun show 2 weeks ago looking at an 80% frame. I asked if it would fit my wife's gen 4 G19 and he said no. Something about each new gen is patented so have to wait for that to expire. So was that all BS or is this a different category than the 80% so it can be sold for a Gen 4?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I was at a gun show 2 weeks ago looking at an 80% frame. I asked if it would fit my wife's gen 4 G19 and he said no. Something about each new gen is patented so have to wait for that to expire. So was that all BS or is this a different category than the 80% so it can be sold for a Gen 4?
    Unless several companies are simply violating Glock's patent rights I'm going to call BS. There aren't a whole lot of G4 frame options (Nomad is the only source I'm aware of) but there are a bunch of places selling G4 pattern slides.

User Tag List