Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

It looks like these are finally shipping. Has anyone tried one yet?

Things I might like:

1. Extended Beavertail Should Prevent Slide Bite
    2. Complete Frame (Minus Guts) Not 80%
    3. Texturing Looks Nice

Things I might not like:

1. Gen4 Parts Not as Common as Gen3
    2. May or May Not Work with Most Holsters

There's also the issue of an unknown here. Is the plastic of good durability? Will the edges of the mag well hold up well to constant bumps and jars from inserting a mag? Will the frame survive normal wear and tear? What about from being dropped from about chest height?

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-de...rame-glock-19/
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Yeah got one of the pre-orders. Goes together like a gen 5 (apparently) with gen 4 parts. The frame feels super nice. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but everything fit in and functioned in the gun (tested the firing pin with a piece of tape in to verify it was going through). It fit in all of my holsters even with the edges it has near the front of the frame for resting your thumbs on. I have done a few hundred insertions of the mag in malfunction dry fires, and so far nothing looks out of the ordinary. The only thing that is concerning is the trigger housing pin is very loose, so it seems like it might shoot loose. I will have to keep an eye on that once it sees some live fire.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    The only thing that is concerning is the trigger housing pin is very loose, so it seems like it might shoot loose. I will have to keep an eye on that once it sees some live fire.
    The shape of the grip reminds me of what CCF Race Frames was doing but the trigger guard reminds me of an M&P.

Not much info out there yet on these. Please keep up posted on how the frame works.

Here's a pic I stole off instagram.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I like the looks of it, looks like an M&P.
    #RESIST

I like where this one is going. Holster fitment especially in the Safariland and Kydex holsters would be an issue for me. Otherwise I like it a lot, especially since someone at this company was thinking how a proper adjustable backstrap system should work. The guy who designed this frame understands how a handgun should fit a shooter and everything is in the right place.

Oversized trigger guard, beavertail correctly added to the frame, better texturing, and reducing the backstrap hump with a well done adjustable backstrap system. This answers about 95% of what people complain about with the glock.

This looks very much like a factory manufactured frame rather than an aftermarket frame. I have said it a million times, Glock themselves could build something like this if they would go with a reinforced polymer rather than their current formula.

I might have to grab one of these just for fun.

Kinda reminds me of the newer S&W Sigma frame wise. That's not a bad thing either as far as ergos go.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-11-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Looks well made and higher quality than the P80, however the lack of holster compatibility is a real deal killer. Why can’t these companies just keel the frame rail and trigger guard current holster compatible? Of the frame enhancements I would look at when deciding on an aftermarket frame, those two are pretty low on the list and making them non current holster compatible really negates all the other advantages, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    Looks well made and higher quality than the P80, however the lack of holster compatibility is a real deal killer. Why can’t these companies just keel the frame rail and trigger guard current holster compatible? Of the frame enhancements I would look at when deciding on an aftermarket frame, those two are pretty low on the list and making them non current holster compatible really negates all the other advantages, for me anyway.
    According to this fellow the Nomad with WML will fit (at least some) holsters designed for the Glock 19 and WML. Jump towards the end of the video for some holster info:

Boogeyman Customs slide coupled with Dave Modz stippling.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Some tightly molded kydex it was a hard fit, like some blade tech and the raven perun. The bravo concealment appendix holsters fit good with no issues. For duty holsters I only have the red dot als and all of my 19s wear a red dot so I can't really test how it would fit in an SLS holster. However, being als the trigger guard had no effect on fit. I tested a few VM2 style holsters I had in leather and they worked fine, along with a JRC OWB leather holster. my summer special 2 also worked with no issues. If anything, the holsters that it was tight in it gave them more retention. I wear my belt tight enough that while it was harder to draw the pistol, it didn't seem to slow down my draw (did some dry fires with the surefire timer app). With all the benefits of this frame for me, a few holsters being tight wouldn't keep me from buying more.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I like where this one is going. Holster fitment especially in the Safariland and Kydex holsters would be an issue for me. Otherwise I like it a lot, especially since someone at this company was thinking how a proper adjustable backstrap system should work. The guy who designed this frame understands how a handgun should fit a shooter and everything is in the right place.

Oversized trigger guard, beavertail correctly added to the frame, better texturing, and reducing the backstrap hump with a well done adjustable backstrap system. This answers about 95% of what people complain about with the glock.

This looks very much like a factory manufactured frame rather than an aftermarket frame. I have said it a million times, Glock themselves could build something like this if they would go with a reinforced polymer rather than their current formula.

I might have to grab one of these just for fun.

Kinda reminds me of the newer S&W Sigma frame wise. That's not a bad thing either as far as ergos go.

TXPO

User Tag List