• P30

5 6.58%
  • G19 Gen5

44 57.89%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Downsizing & Rethinking

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    This! But if you liked the universal availability of all things Glock, keep the 19.5, have a sale to get some cash and then wait for SHOT 19 before making any other purchases.
    This is why I shouldn’t post before coffee. 🙄

Ok. After carefully reading this time .... RR’s input is a solid plan for what you have.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Assuming they’ve all proven themselves dependable, keep the one(s) you like best. While I choose a 19 for most days and a 43 for more discrete carry, you can do the same with the VP9 and Shield (or 642 if you get one). There’s no “everyone should do exactly this” right answer.

Is there a financial need to get rid of some of them? Or a need for more space in the home which would allow a physical downsizing of a safe or other storage?

What's driving the downsize?

I'm all in favor of getting rid of crap you don't use, but if there's no financial or spatial need, I'd just leave the stuff you don't use in the back of the safe collecting dust. You might find a "need" for one of them later on.

that said, keep the Glock 19, it's the answer, always.

My advice: Keep the HK's, all those mags are can be used by the other pistols. Get the revolver for pocket use.

Site Supporter
    Do you carry AIWB? That can make you lean more towards a hammer or a gadget. How much support gear do you have for each gun? Are you going to compete? Do you have a passion for a particular gun?

Make a list to answer these questions and it may help your decision.

PF always has a “Gun Du Jour,” which is currently Glock and Beretta, and in the past has been “Insert gun name here.”

Any of the guns from your list will work.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Appendix carry? If yes, the PX4CC - sell everything else and buy another PX4CC.

If no, keep the VP9s and sell everything else and buy a VP9 SK to augment those two.

That's what I would do.

And 2011s can generally be disappeared to someone else's safe who will use them (if that's a consolation). The .45 is a little tougher than a 9 or .40, but it'll sell. I'd tell you to just send it to my FFL and I'll send you a check, but my wife keeps telling me she wants a "house". What good is a house if I don't have twelve STIs to house inside of it?!
    This is true, as having just bought a house I can understand this... maybe we can come to a agreement lol 😅

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is there a financial need to get rid of some of them? Or a need for more space in the home which would allow a physical downsizing of a safe or other storage?

What's driving the downsize?

I'm all in favor of getting rid of crap you don't use, but if there's no financial or spatial need, I'd just leave the stuff you don't use in the back of the safe collecting dust. You might find a "need" for one of them later on.

that said, keep the Glock 19, it's the answer, always.
    It’s has come down to not having enough time to go shooting, in 2018 I made it to the range two times, and I won’t be able to go any time this month... plus I don’t have a big safe after moving across country just a tiny 10 gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    It’s has come down to not having enough time to go shooting, in 2018 I made it to the range two times, and I won’t be able to go any time this month... plus I don’t have a big safe after moving across country just a tiny 10 gun safe.
    Gotcha.

I ask because to me it's a matter of what is your rarest commodity: money, space, or time. I think that for most white collar and/or suburban dad types it's time for sure. So other than selling off the guns ( and I get that they might be a distraction) there isn't really a time benefit.

Approaching shooting like you'd approach working out can help too. Scheduling training time with someone else, and having them committing to a time slot with you as well, can hold you accountable. Also, getting involved in competitive shooting can give you a goal and a deadline, and agreeing to meet up with a friend at the match can also help assure that you go.

Both of these things will also help you to focus on the "one gun" since the goal is improvement.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm in essentially the same position as you, which has kept me from experimenting with different guns.

Honestly I don' think it matters which you pick, but Glock is hard to beat for lots of reasons. Unless you are really averse to them or enjoy one of the other guns much more I'd just stick with them.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-10-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    I shoot mostly Glocks, but I have time to shoot on a pretty regular basis. For me, dry fire with a TDA gun is less of a chore than dry fire with a Glock because I don't have to reset the slide. Given your very limited range time, you may want to consider which gun, if any, you enjoy dry firing more and let that be a factor in your decision.

User Tag List