5 6.58%
  • P30

5 6.58%
  • G19 Gen5

44 57.89%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downsizing & Rethinking

Downsizing & Rethinking

So I want to downsize, and I currently own 2 vp9, a px4cc, p2000, & a p30. Also a STI 2011 in 45acp that I haven’t shot in probably 5 years sitting and collecting dust that I badly want to get rid of but can’t bring myself to sell. The 9mm shield I have may fund a 642 so I can still have a pocket pistol.
    I shoot every gun reasonably well (haven’t shot the g19 gen5). Getting better is going to be down to concentrating on one set of guns, and getting rid of the rest so I have no distractions. Using the Money from selling the others for more ammo, and hopefully a class or two if I ever have any time.
    Last edited by XXXsilverXXX; 12-09-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    So I want to downsize, and I currently own all of them except the glock 19 gen5, I shoot every gun reasonably well (haven’t shot the g19 gen5). Getting better is going to be down to concentrating on one set of guns, and getting rid of the rest so I have no distractions.
    Are there any other factors to consider? Are you an armed professional that carries an issued gun at work? Do you have more invested in support gear for any platform? Do you have more experience operating any of the platforms besides just pulling the trigger?

All else being equal I'd say Glock just because it's got the most aftermarket support for holsters and sights. But for the most part one's just as good as another. Do you enjoy any of them more than any other? A gun you like to shoot is a gun you will shoot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Are there any other factors to consider? Are you an armed professional that carries an issued gun at work? Do you have more invested in support gear for any platform? Do you have more experience operating any of the platforms besides just pulling the trigger?

All else being equal I'd say Glock just because it's got the most aftermarket support for holsters and sights. But for the most part one's just as good as another. Do you enjoy any of them more than any other? A gun you like to shoot is a gun you will shoot more.
    Not a armed professional, I only have a holster for the p2000 & p30 but that isn’t a big loss. As of late I have been using the px4cc and the p2000 more then anything else. If I would say any one in particular would be between the px4 & p2000, with g19 being last, I have always liked the g19’s and have always shot them slightly Better then the da/sa guns. But I am leaning more toward having a da/sa.

I'd have to echo Bigghoss. If you don't have an issued gun, stay with the one you like best. You're most likely to shoot that one the best.

If you have an issued gun, keep the one closest to that. Changing gun types between on and off duty can screw up your aim, which could be fatal.

So are we voting for what to keep, or what to get rid of?

If absolute practicality is the goal, keep the 19.5 and get rid of the rest as you see fit. One man's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    Not a armed professional, I only have a holster for the p2000 & p30 but that isn’t a big loss. As of late I have been using the px4cc and the p2000 more then anything else. If I would say any one in particular would be between the px4 & p2000, with g19 being last, I have always liked the g19’s and have always shot them slightly Better then the da/sa guns. But I am leaning more toward having a da/sa.
    Sounds like it's between the P2000 and the PX4 then. If you want a 642 for a pocket gun then maybe an LEM P2000 if yours isn't already. Honestly you could probably just throw a dart and go with whatever it lands on and be just fine. The important thing is you're picking one and concentrating on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    So are we voting for what to keep, or what to get rid of?

If absolute practicality is the goal, keep the 19.5 and get rid of the rest as you see fit. One man's opinion.
    Keep

I voted vp9 simply because you already have two. One to vet then carry and one as a dedicated dry practice/ training gun. The gun doesn't matter much, putting in the work does.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    I'm biased, but since you're leaning toward DA/SA I'd say keep the PX4 and sell the others. You won't find a better currently-produced TDA gun, IMO Beretta has that niche nailed down.

The answer is "doesn't matter" if the purpose is concealed carry. If you want to introduce other variables, like thinking of competing and trying to do well there, I would think the VP9 or G19 (with intent to get a full frame Glock later). For concealing and classes, whatever appeals to you for the reasons that are primary to you. For a DA/SA option, I think PX4CC is more shootable than P2000 and P30 as long as shorter sight radius doesn't bother you.
    My personal choice would've been Gen5 19.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List