Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian training...

Russian training...

Hello!
    What do you think of such drills? Only combat bullets from intimate distances are used.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObykrVBGD0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsIIyYWSfqU

I suspect that the general consensus here regarding this kind of "training" is that it is pretty unsafe, to be generous.

"Stupid and full of Derp" would be a less generous description.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

This reminds me of the ISIS "training" videos that have surfaced. They always reminded me of 14 year old boys playing army, only with real life full auto AKs. It's like they watch real western army training videos, which look cool, and are trying it themselves.

Or those middle eastern military videos, where they're jumping through hoops of fire in front of dignitaries. What does that have to do with combat capability? I guess those guys spend all their time training on silly stuff for VIPs.

What I did notice is that their gear and tactics are heavily influenced by US and western tactical gear. I'm surprised they don't have their own ideas and equipment, considering the Russian experience and general military competence.

I always prefer to train to not cross over my partners line of fire because I might owe him money or have slept with his girlfriend and he may decide today is the day for payback.

I am not seeing the purpose. Especially the bits where people qre holding the targets on the flat range.

If this is individual training not for a single team it is needless risk. If this is a single team, not shooting each other is not a skill to be trained on the flat ramge in drills. Shoot to hard standards of speed and accuracy on the flat range, and then get into the shoothouse and dont shoot each other in context of a collective training event. If a group needs stylized "not shooting each other" drills, they are not doing it right.
    Last edited by Chemsoldier; 12-09-2018 at 07:12 PM.

What is the benefit of using live fire over SIM rounds for the stuff with roll players? Most of the drills look like range kata nonsense to me...

Just joined. First post. Click bait? I’m not contributing to his YT hits.

This sort of training seems stupid to myself, as well as numerous others here.

What purpose does it serve? Confidence building?

Do it with SIM rounds if you feel the desire to do it. I don’t care how squared away the other guy is, Murphy’s punk-ass loves stuff like that and it only takes one slip-up to deliver a tragedy.

What’s worse is the state-side training outfits that are incorporating this nonsense because “train like you fight” and “the real world won’t be a static range”. More tacticool fantasy-camp nonsense bound to result in a wrongful death lawsuit. Yet, people flock to it because they think it’s high speed operator stuff.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Just joined. First post. Click bait? I’m not contributing to his YT hits.
    Name:  Hes right.jpeg
Views: 650
Size:  10.7 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    How often do you get to see Darwin dumping bleach into the gene pool?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List