Thread: A few pictures from my hike today in western WA

A few pictures from my hike today in western WA

I wanted to go put some rounds through this Colt 6933 pistol I put together. For clarification, Colt has never made a 6933 pistol, I bought the Colt lower new from Brownell's and the 6933 upper from Arms Unlimited. The local outdoor range is always packed with retards on Saturdays so I decided to go up to an abandoned gravel pit that my Dad and I used to shoot at when I was a kid. Not many know about it, you have to park and walk about a mile to get to it, and the place you park is 15 miles off the highway on a logging road. The road that once served the pit has been grown over for many, many years, that's why you can't drive to it. Like an idiot, I forgot to take any pics once I got to the pit, but I was surprised how pristine and undisturbed it is. I don't know when the last time anyone was there, but it's been a long time. I put 120 rounds through it, I only took 5 mags but wanted a full one for the walk out and drive home. I made sure to pick up all the empty brass. Anyway, I'm not gonna give @Lost River or @Malamute a run for their money but I took some pictures of my little trip and thought I'd share.

Attachment 33080
    Attachment 33081
    Attachment 33082
    Attachment 33083
    Attachment 33084
    Attachment 33085
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 12-08-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Ooooh, P-F.com Washington Hometown Forum get-together!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That’s it... Keep posting pics of the place at the worst time of year to be there. Don’t need any more immigrants.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    That would be rad, maybe something next spring or summer.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That’s it... Keep posting pics of the place at the worst time of year to be there. Don’t need any more immigrants.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing! There are enough WA P-F guys to have a decent meet and greet.

I'm in.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I’d be interested. That would be sweet, maybe we could pool funds and fly Tom Jones up.

That looks like a great place to have a Northwest/local area hike in get-together and shoot.

You guys could hike in, build a fire, cook some steak strips, sausages or whatever on a fire. Maybe make some fry bread and coffee and sit around and BS for the day in between shooting sessions.

Nothing beats a warm fire and hot food on a cold winter's day:

You Husky fans sound like you have a pretty good setup in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That looks like a great place to have a Northwest/local area hike in get-together and shoot.

You guys could hike in, build a fire, cook some steak strips, sausages or whatever on a fire. Maybe make some fry bread and coffee and sit around and BS for the day in between shooting sessions.

Nothing beats a warm fire and hot food on a cold winter's day:

You Husky fans sound like you have a pretty good setup in the making.
    Well, we may have to find a different location. I've since learned that I *may* have been trespassing. See, that land used to be state land but I've been told it may be privately owned now. There was no signage, but it's not required either.

User Tag List