Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Title of you sex tape.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    This really sucks considering I have to go pilot a fire truck in all this mess. Stay safe on your side of the mountain.
    Don't know about you, F, but we lost power for about 3 hours, starting about 6.30

Glad it's back on (at least for the moment).

Good to hear from you. Be safe. We'll hook up in town one of these days.
    Last edited by blues; 12-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  Plowing.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5825.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  1216161516.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  42.9 KB

Note the corner of the tool box sticking out of the snow. Same one as in above picture. Was all hard packed drifted snow. The floor is about 8 inches below where the snow stops in the lower pic, its a step over threshold. It was about 3 feet deep when I opened the door after the wind stopped. Pic was after I kicked and shoveled it out some so the dog could get out. I. Am. Sick. Of. It. I hate snow.

Name:  1219161942.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  29.0 KB
    Last edited by Malamute; 12-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.

My solution to snow is fire.

Name:  img_1174_2.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  20.9 KB

I was looking at houses in Florida earlier. There is no snow outside currently (the 3" or so we had melted earlier in the week). But that won't stop me from dreaming about moving someplace where 3" of snow is "a lot".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Name:  Plowing.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5825.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  1216161516.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  42.9 KB

Note the corner of the tool box sticking out of the snow. Same one as in above picture. Was all hard packed drifted snow. The floor is about 8 inches below where the snow stops in the lower pic, its a step over threshold. It was about 3 feet deep when I opened the door after the wind stopped. Pic was after I kicked and shoveled it out some so the dog could get out. I. Am. Sick. Of. It. I hate snow.

Name:  1219161942.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  29.0 KB
    My parents were down visiting last week and enjoying the weather. My BIL posted a pic of 6” of new snow in their back yard the day before they went home. They were complaining about it. My dad got hurt shoveling snow a couple of years ago, and has taken a long time recovering. I told them they didn’t have to go back. I wish they would maybe move somewhere where they don’t have to deal with it anymore. Like my town, or somewhere reasonable close.

I have little desire to return north. My parents and my in-laws are about the only draw.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    please...

don't screw around; get a plow.
    Well....... the sidewalks here aren't that wide😁 I do three houses every snow and two of them live on a road that gets plowed. I'm too old for that shit plus my helper has gone off to college. And if I get a plow I'd have to get a truck. It doesn't matter what you talk about on this forum. It always cost money and it's never cheap.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Well....... the sidewalks here aren't that wide😁 I do three houses every snow and two of them live on a road that gets plowed. I'm too old for that shit plus my helper has gone off to college. And if I get a plow I'd have to get a truck. It doesn't matter what you talk about on this forum. It always cost money and it's never cheap.

Got your back there, fam.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Calling for maybe 20" here. Not gonna be a lot of fun since the county doesn't do our gravel roads within the subdivision and not much of the land is level.

Just wondering how many of us here are waiting on a big ol' pile of snow this weekend?

Hope the power stays on. (The joys of well water, septic tanks and propane furnaces.)
    You don't have a generator? Dude...I've got everything you do except propane heat... (I have an outside wood burner for heat)The remmants of a hurricane went through here 10yrs ago, and the power was out for 5 days after, My wife got the last generator this shop had, saved a freezer full of food, and kept the pump running so we could have water.. I still have it, and a bigger one.. I won't go without one again...

I got at least $1100 left in harbor freight gift cards; I'm going to be severely tempted to use a chunk of it to buy one of their 8750W generators during the christmas time sale I expect to happen. my 5500W one works fine still, but having a backup and one that's bigger and can more easily run the whole house is tempting. plus if I can ever figure out if I can "split" power the house with one and the air conditioner condenser with the other, that will be so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I got at least $1100 left in harbor freight gift cards; I'm going to be severely tempted to use a chunk of it to buy one of their 8750W generators during the christmas time sale I expect to happen. my 5500W one works fine still, but having a backup and one that's bigger and can more easily run the whole house is tempting. plus if I can ever figure out if I can "split" power the house with one and the air conditioner condenser with the other, that will be so nice.
    You could set a sub panel and back feed it. Just be sure you turn of the sub feed breaker in the primary panel.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List