Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow

Snow

Calling for maybe 20" here. Not gonna be a lot of fun since the county doesn't do our gravel roads within the subdivision and not much of the land is level.

Just wondering how many of us here are waiting on a big ol' pile of snow this weekend?

Hope the power stays on. (The joys of well water, septic tanks and propane furnaces.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think we’re looking at 8”-10” here. People are loosing their minds, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Just wondering how many of us here are waiting on a big ol' pile of snow this weekend?
    Not me, brother.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Name:  8497018D-2A4A-4EBA-BB44-74C076AB11B2.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  47.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Calling for maybe 20" here. Not gonna be a lot of fun since the county doesn't do our gravel roads within the subdivision and not much of the land is level.

Hope the power stays on. (The joys of well water, septic tanks and propane furnaces.)
    I know all too well the reliance on electricity as we have no natural gas or sewer systems. It is all TVA electricity and septic systems. Hope the grid stays up for you so you can stay safe and dry. Just rain in northern Alabama, so we should be fine. Nashville may get some nasty weather (more ice). I did hear some talk about the local utilities preparing to send linemen crews north and east as some lines are expected to come down from ice.

The reliance on electricity is why we have Honda generators. We never needed a generator until we moved to rural Alabama.
    Last edited by farscott; 12-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Good luck to all.

No snow predicted down here in Pugetopolis, but hopefully we'll get lots in the mountains, since a good snow pack means a healthy water supply through the coming year.

Yes, I know what you think Washington State is like, moisture-wise, but we rely on snowmelt to fill our reservoirs, which means we need a healthy amount of snow in the mountains. Hopefully we won't get another "Pineapple Express", which can cause the snow pack to melt early, leading to winter flooding and a dry summer.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Stay safe all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny and 34F here tomorrow. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I think we’re looking at 8”-10” here. People are loosing their minds, of course.
    Phrasing
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    66 and sunny here. It rained a little bit yesterday.

User Tag List