Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: State of Video Game Systems

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The various videos I've watched so far seem to indicate 200 and even 400GB cards will work. Is there something specific in that link that indicates otherwise?

I see a minimum here...
    microSDXC (64 GB and above)
    Just go with the “fastest” largest card you can get, as we noticed the speed mattered more then having more gigs

Not even remotely, not on any planet, not in any universe.

I'm only considering out of the box gaming boxes. The less fiddle-fuck the better.
    Fair enough. I can understand that. It just happens to be the platform that would best give you exactly what you want and you’d always be able to play your entirely library regardless of whatever upgrades you do.

The various videos I've watched so far seem to indicate 200 and even 400GB cards will work. Is there something specific in that link that indicates otherwise?

I see a minimum here...
    microSDXC (64 GB and above)
    There used to be a maximum, but it would seem they’ve removed that cap, which is awesome. Just make sure you get the biggest and fastest microSDXC you can afford. You don’t want to be swapping those in and out if you don’t have to.

From what I understand you can buy pretty much all the games directly from the in-console store and download them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Fair enough. I can understand that. It just happens to be the platform that would best give you exactly what you want and you’d always be able to play your entirely library regardless of whatever upgrades you do.
    I don't envision this being something we use very often, so the time-in:time-out ratio is important. The fastest car for $30k may well be a Honda I buy for $10k and put 100 hours and $20k into, but I need to just go get the Mustang and be done.

There used to be a maximum, but it would seem they’ve removed that cap, which is awesome. Just make sure you get the biggest and fastest microSDXC you can afford. You don’t want to be swapping those in and out if you don’t have to.

From what I understand you can buy pretty much all the games directly from the in-console store and download them.
    That's good to know. I think that's the way I'll go, probably get the 400Gb and be done. the incremental cost difference is irrelevant in the overall budget.

I don't envision this being something we use very often, so the time-in:time-out ratio is important. The fastest car for $30k may well be a Honda I buy for $10k and put 100 hours and $20k into, but I need to just go get the Mustang and be done.

That's good to know. I think that's the way I'll go, probably get the 400Gb and be done. the incremental cost difference is irrelevant in the overall budget.
    Sounds like the Switch is probably your Huckleberry then. Given that it’s still “relatively new” you should get pretty decent life out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Not even remotely, not on any planet, not in any universe.

I'm only considering out of the box gaming boxes. The less fiddle-fuck the better.
    Yeah well, I’m sure your kids could figure it out before you’re done reading the instructions. 😁

My son’s a little older (12) but I’m mostly with you. He wants a Switch but he already has a Chromebook, IPhone, Wii, Wii U, and PS4. If you can’t find something to play on any of those, go read a book. He also wants a PC. We have one, but I have a “no games” rule in effect. Besides the same reasons he can’t have a Switch, it’s also my work-from-home computer - key word is “my”. Plus if you’re gonna zombie out, at least do it in the living room where I can heckle you when you die.

User Tag List