Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you bite off more than you can chew

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The "educational beat down," ungulate-style. Better luck next time, little bighorn.
    Fixed it...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I liked watching how the buck handled the initial charge. He didn’t have time to square up and should have been in trouble. But I noticed that he reacted so quickly not simply by turning his antlers toward the ram, but by lowering his head almost to the ground yet keeping his eyes up so the impact was all in his antlers and didn’t knock him off balance. His quick reaction impressed me. It immediately shifted the momentum in his favor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How best to back down a dickhead ram? A vid went viral of a LEO tasing a ram that was terrorizing him and some folks. He reportedly said "No way was he going to get videotaped by someone being chased around his squad by a" . . . or was that a goat?
    I don't remember any details, but I probably beat it in the head with whatever was close at hand once and it learned its lesson. I got butted to the ground at least once before I resorted to violence. And just in case I need to, I'll go ahead and state that I did not (IMO) abuse the animal or treat it badly. I just asserted my dominance in the barnyard to make sure the ram knew its place. I did the same with the damn banty roosters.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post
    I liked watching how the buck handled the initial charge. He didn’t have time to square up and should have been in trouble. But I noticed that he reacted so quickly not simply by turning his antlers toward the ram, but by lowering his head almost to the ground yet keeping his eyes up so the impact was all in his antlers and didn’t knock him off balance. His quick reaction impressed me. It immediately shifted the momentum in his favor.
    It's almost like that stuff we teach in wrestling and jiu jitsu has a nice natural basis...huh? Head down, sprawl, and use his head (antlers in this case) as a fifth limb. We see a lot of grappling in the animal kingdom (whole thread on it over at TPI, actually). Kangaroos, bears, even giraffes.

PS: That's a good looking buck for Texas, too. Looks like a solid 10+ pointer. I can count at least five points on his right side, little hard to see the left.

Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-07-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Name:  buckvsram.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  63.5 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It's almost like that stuff we teach in wrestling and jiu jitsu has a nice natural basis...huh? Head down, sprawl, and use his head (antlers in this case) as a fifth limb. We see a lot of grappling in the animal kingdom (whole thread on it over at TPI, actually). Kangaroos, bears, even giraffes.

PS: That's a good looking buck for Texas, too. Looks like a solid 10+ pointer. I can count at least five points on his right side, little hard to see the left.

I'm pretty sure it was Ed's Manifesto on FB that shared a video of a wildebeest charging a big male lion and it had freeze frame and red arrows to point out the jujitsu by the lion. Incredible. Things went badly for the wildebeest.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I saw this one on youtube a while back. So amazing, really...

Site Supporter
    That was awesome. The buck had his A game. Almost like he'd done that a few times.

Reminds me of a dog fight I happened upon. Short version is a loose pitbull ran across the street from one house to another. Attacked an Australian shepherd mix. I drove up right when the fight started. The lil Aussie dog handled the pitbull like a boss. I was shocked. I played out just like this video.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    That was awesome. The buck had his A game. Almost like he'd done that a few times.

Reminds me of a dog fight I happened upon. Short version is a loose pitbull ran across the street from one house to another. Attacked an Australian shepherd mix. I drove up right when the fight started. The lil Aussie dog handled the pitbull like a boss. I was shocked. I played out just like this video.

...'it's the size of the fight in the dog'. (At least sometimes.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List