Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moving from Single Stack Subcompact to Double Stack Subcompacts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    And it will be available in a two tone chartreuse over aquamarine...

With a laser etched design begging to be used as a tramp stamp....

On topic, while I have really tried to like the G26, I just do not shoot it as well as mid size pistols. That, along with the fact my size and build makes concealment easier means the smallest I usually carry is a P01 or PCR, with a J frame or Shield for NPE or summer go to grocery trips.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oooh, a mystery!

Let me guess - a 26 frame with a 43 slide ala 30s?
    So you're saying it'll only be available as a Gen3, eh?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    CZ is coming out with a P10S in the near future. Mike Pannone on IG compared it to a G26 size wise.
    Polite Professional

I did not find my G27 and G26 pistols all that much easier to truly conceal, than my G29 and G19 pistols. Yes, the “babies” will fit in some places the larger “compacts” will not, but the blocky rear portion of the slide is the blocky rear portion of the slide. Obviously, the baby double-column-mag Glocks are a best choice, for some, but consider that the width is substantial, which is especially significant, at least for me, at the rear of the slide.

In 2002, I soon sold my G27 to a colleague, who was working narcotics, and wanted a second G27. I kept my G29, until I switched to SIGs for duty/carry a couple of years later. (I used G22 duty pistols 2002-2004.) This was a case of the baby G27 being a best choice for him, but not for me. The G29 is the “babiest” 10mm Glock, but is the rough equivalent of a G19 in length and height.

I sold the G26, in 2017, after having it a relatively short time. I experimented with the G26 at AIWB, but its “home” became an ankle rig, while wearing my uniform. As retirement approached, I sold it to a younger colleague. Thus far have kept the G19 pistols.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I did not find my G27 and G26 pistols all that much easier to truly conceal, than my G29 and G19 pistols.
    I've found a lot of pistols to occupy that middle ground. Too big to be a small gun, too small to be a big gun and sort of the worst of both worlds. If I can carry a G26, I can probably carry a G19 or even a G17. The same isn't true of the Shield.

I've mentioned the same on the revolver side. If I can carry a SP101, I can carry a GP100. The same isn't true of the LCR.

P239? Definitely not enough difference to me to choose it over a P229. I never seriously looked at the P224.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I'm a very small guy and rarely carry my g43 at all. My g26 isn't much bigger on my person(aiwb) and I shoot it way better.

The g26 has become my smallest while the g43 might just get sold.
    No sir, keep it as a BUG.

I have tried hundreds of guns over the years. I bought a Glock 27 in 1997 as my first BUG. I still have that gun as I just keep coming back to Glock. It's not that I like Glock, its just that every department I have worked for are Glock departments and if I carry something different off duty, it just screws me up with my duty weapon. For instance, I just got a FNX40 in stainless that is really sweet to shoot and a pleasure to hold and look at. Shot it some before going out to qualify with my department issue Glock 22. I usually shoot in the 240 to 250 (out of 250) range but that day, I shot a 215. My Glock just didn't feel right and I realized it was because I had been shooting the FNX. Guess the FNX is going to get sold and I'm going to have to just carry Glock.....

I have always found myself in the camp agreeing with BBI: really rare when I could/would carry a G26 size and couldn't/wouldn't carry a 19 or bigger.

The Shield/PPS/G43/shield is a different animal for me and fits that easy to reload jframe niche.

I'd definitely keep the Shield even if you want to experiment w the double stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I did not find my G27 and G26 pistols all that much easier to truly conceal, than my G29 and G19 pistols. .
    this is my experience as well, I always come back to the 19 as the one I can shoot well and conceal, the 26/27 tribe are fine guns, but I carry IWB and they offer no concealment advantage at all in my perception

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I have always found myself in the camp agreeing with BBI: really rare when I could/would carry a G26 size and couldn't/wouldn't carry a 19 or bigger.

The Shield/PPS/G43/shield is a different animal for me and fits that easy to reload jframe niche.

I'd definitely keep the Shield even if you want to experiment w the double stack.
    After seeing what others have said, I think this is what I'm going to try first. Part of the reason I'm not carrying my G19.4+RMR is that all of my holsters are currently set up for it plus an X300U, and the extra bulk of the X300U often makes it a bit uncomfortable. I've ordered a Raven Morrigan to experiment with a non-WML G19 config (either the aforementioned RMR Gen 4 or my Gen 5). If it works great, I can save myself the trouble of getting a G26. If I decide I want the gun to be smaller in the grip but can manage the width gain, it'll still fit a G26, and if I decide either way is still too much gun for t-shirt and shorts wear, I'll still have my Shield.

User Tag List