Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving from Single Stack Subcompact to Double Stack Subcompacts?

I'm a very small guy and rarely carry my g43 at all. My g26 isn't much bigger on my person(aiwb) and I shoot it way better.

The g26 has become my smallest while the g43 might just get sold.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post

...as the size of the extension and narrow width of the gun mean that a magazine with extension will often fail to drop free, catching on the bottom of my palm instead.
    This is one of the two reasons I sold my HK P30SK LEM (the other being the LEM).

On topic: This is a very personal subjective decision, and only you can weigh the odds, really.

“For me”: I’ve shot a rental Shield (slippery) , G43 (slippery AND jumpy) and a VP9SK (except for the grip length, shot very nicely and compared well to the VP9 I had at the time).

I currently carry a G26.5 and shoot a G19.5 in USPSA. I find the benefits of common parts, sights, magazines, tools and holsters highly attractive, myself.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would put this entire discussion on hold until after the coming SHOT shot.
    Anymore to share on this?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would put this entire discussion on hold until after the coming SHOT shot.
    So the Glock 365 is coming, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    This is one of the two reasons I sold my HK P30SK LEM (the other being the LEM).
    On topic: This is a very personal subjective decision, and only you can weigh the odds, really.
    “For me”: I’ve shot a rental Shield (slippery) , G43 (slippery AND jumpy) and a VP9SK (except for the grip length, shot very nicely and compared well to the VP9 I had at the time).
    I currently carry a G26.5 and shoot a G19.5 in USPSA. I find the benefits of common parts, sights, magazines, tools and holsters highly attractive, myself.
    I find that the Shield really really really needs something to make it grippy for it to work. I've had fairly good success with skateboard tape.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Yeah, the Shield grip texture is more decorative than useful in my experience. That’s the reason I put the Hogue on it; the slight widening of the grip seems to have made it easier for me to shoot well too.
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 12-06-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I find that the Shield really really really needs something to make it grippy for it to work. I've had fairly good success with skateboard tape.
    2.0 is fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    2.0 is fine as is.
    Haven't had a chance to try the new ones, glad they fixed it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Summer IWB G43 and switch to a G26.4 when I tuck in my shirt. For some reason got to jack up the pants a lot with G26 IWB and no tucked in shirt. I might switch to two shirts next summer and just carry the G26.
    My suggestion is to get the G26, a SCD and sights and shoot the heck out of it.
    Then when/if there is an awesome surprise at SHOT 2019 you can carry and use that G26 until July 2020 when the new pistol finally has the bugs worked out.
    Adam

I've had a Shield since they came out. Mine sucked out of the box with a 9lbs trigger. Apex brought it to a crisp decent level and 10-8 improved the sight pic.

Several years ago, I bought a 9c for cheap. I forgot I had it. The wife recently asked if I carried enough ammo for what if. I dug out the slippery 9c, threw a duty Apex kit, FP sights and still a work in progress on my home version of velvet texture. very time consuming. It did add some needed grip.

I am using it with a used Mitch Rosen holster I picked up for cheap and one 17 round Xgripped mag. I dont feel much difference in carry between the Shield and 9c

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List