Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AR Malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Are you referencing Karmapolice's video?
    Yep, I mis-ID'd it, earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @JMS The only drawback I can see is that if you aren't using a USGI magazine with a sharp enough corner to retain the BCG it might be a little more work. I primarily use Pmags and the base pads aren't great for catching the shoulder of the BCG as shown by Karma's video.
    The PMAG trick is to use the back of the feed lip area, it is way easier. I don't recommend doing it a lot because obviously it can damage the feed lips but in
    the field it is an expedient use if running PMAGs. The bolt override or Type V or what ever you want to call it sucks and is generally caused by fiddling around with a type III (double feed) and not clearing it properly, aka not removing the magazine and tilting the ejection port outboard and continuing to run the charging handle.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 12-09-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    The PMAG trick is to use the back of the feed lip area, it is way easier. I don't recommend doing it a lot because obviously it can damage the feed lips but in
    the field it is an expedient use if running PMAGs. The bolt override or Type V or what ever you want to call it sucks and is generally caused by fiddling around with a type III (double feed) and not clearing it properly, aka not removing the magazine and tilting the ejection port outboard and continuing to run the charging handle.
    @karmapolice I agree on all of the above. Solid points, I came to the same conclusion with using the back half of the feed lips on the spine of the mag when playing with the technique but decided its best not to, with my shit luck I'd break it off and somehow the piece of the mag would end up in my gun and tie it up further. Seriously though with the USGI mags I really do like this technique. Thanks for sharing it.
    Last edited by Mike C; 12-09-2018 at 08:14 PM.

I teach Mike Pannone’s method.

In our patrol rifle class we set up various malfunctions, and the bullet-over-bolt malfunction is one of them.

One day I was acting as a Range Master at the range. Another agency was there running qualifications when one of the guys I’ve known awhile had this malfunction. He was told to torpedo the rifle and that’s what he did. It didn’t work. I walked over and asked the instructor if I could show the class how to clear the malfunction. He allowed me to so I walked him through it with about 15 cops watching. He started to shoot again and it happened again so he again fixed the problem. I kept wondering why he was having the issue until I noticed him loading his Pmags. He was fighting to get the rounds into the magazine and Somehow he was getting the rounds side by side in the magazine, which made two rounds come out into the gun instead of just one. I talked to him about it and told him the issue. One of the Instructors there balked at me then walked off telling the guy he needed to get another rifle. I gave him a properly loaded Pmag and watched him shoot 30 malfunction free rounds.

The instructor that was talking all the shit had to eat crow. The officer barely qualified because his nerves were shot after dealing with the malfunctions in front of a group of people and an uneducated “instructor” talking shit.

Two reasons for that little story. 1) find out why Your rifle is creating that malfunction and 2) if you’re an “Instructor”...BE an instructor. I get bent out of shape at people who can shoot well enough to get through Instructor school but act like a God after they get it.

Sorry for the drift.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 12-09-2018 at 09:44 PM.

User Tag List