Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Site Supporter
    220.2 this morning. Total loss was ~14-16 pounds for 2018. Basically too much eating like an asshole (SHOT will be tough). Goal is 183.8 and then work on strength training.

EDIT: Just checked my weight tracker, 235.6 on 20180101. So 15.4 pounds in 2018 . . . . would have been better if not for the eating like an asshole.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 01-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    If you’re really a straight up nerd like me, look at the stoichiometry of fat loss. Fat loss results in carbon dioxide, water and heat.

Think about that when you’re burning it. There’s no magic involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's a video for us non-nerd types.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Student
    199 pounds just now. I was around 192 pounds before the holidays so I'm mostly chalking it up to water or something. Either way, I haven't been under 200 (at 5' 8") in over five years.

That was from pure diet (keto). It is time for me to put the exercise component back in, but I also need to do some homework on stretching and mobility, because I am in my early thirties and already feel the sands of the hourglass. I want to be 175 again, with BF% at least under 15. Not too low because I went from a 44 waist in February to 36 now and I'm already sick of buying pants and belts to accommodate that.

I remember bookmarking a link to Eric Cressey from one of Greg Ellifritz's weekend blogs, so I'll start with that. I have a foam roller already, so I just need some tennis balls and one of those TheraBand Flex Bars.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    199 pounds just now. I was around 192 pounds before the holidays so I'm mostly chalking it up to water or something. Either way, I haven't been under 200 (at 5' 8") in over five years.

That was from pure diet (keto). It is time for me to put the exercise component back in, but I also need to do some homework on stretching and mobility, because I am in my early thirties and already feel the sands of the hourglass. I want to be 175 again, with BF% at least under 15. Not too low because I went from a 44 waist in February to 36 now and I'm already sick of buying pants and belts to accommodate that.

I remember bookmarking a link to Eric Cressey from one of Greg Ellifritz's weekend blogs, so I'll start with that. I have a foam roller already, so I just need some tennis balls and one of those TheraBand Flex Bars.
    I know that feeling. I was a 42-44 when my little one was born and 40-42 at the start of last year. Now I'm at 36 and think I'll bottom out at a 34.

Upside, a few hundred dollars worth Goodwill/SA donation writeoffs for 2018 taxes.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

I dropped from 235 a couple years ago down to 205 and then stalled out. Have gained a bit back since kid #2 arrived.

Current weight: 215
    Goal weight: 195

I don’t think I’ve been below 200 # since high school so seems like a good arbitrary weight goal to shoot for. The charts at my doctors office always say I should be closer to 175-180 at my height of 6’2”, but I think I’d be skin and bones at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime

2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

This article is really good. Thanks to Les Pepperoni for re linking it.

https://pointdriventraining.com/2016...iven-fat-loss/
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-01-2019 at 05:27 PM.

280.8 this morning.

Bought an EUFYLIFE smart scale and downloaded the app. Interestingly enough, I can “scientifically” claim to be big boned according bone mass %.

Main technique will be variations on fasting, since it’s simple and I can hack my environment and daily habits to pursue it.
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 01-01-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Site Supporter
    This morning I weighed 190.0 pounds (5'8" tall). I don't weigh regularly, but I haven't changed pant sizes in over a decade. The good news is that at 43 years old I only weigh about 10 pounds more than when I graduated from high school (unfit). The bad news is that I weigh about 45 pounds more than when I graduated from college (fit). I guess I'll pick 170 as a goal weight.

Just flew back from a couple of weeks in the middle of the PNG bush, and pretty much blew off the diet (keto is hard when you can't get fresh veggies, or most other ingredients).
    Starting over today, and will try to weigh in Friday.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

After a week of sitting around eating and drinking (and minimal exercise and jiu-jitsu) I'm at 225.6...

(Wow that came back fast! )

User Tag List