Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    201, and that the first weigh in after Thanksgiving.
    Last official weigh in of 2019- I head out for Oz in a week.

Just under 202. I'll probably jump up a bit over Christmas- I usually ditch the strict keeping of the diet over vacations, though I do up the exercise.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm bouncing around a bit but have had a low of 230.4 and a high of 233.8 since my last post. High sodium chili has probably gotten my water weight up a bit the last few days. I've dropped an inch off my waist and have a 5" drop at the moment, which is much better then the water heater shape of 0" drop I had for awhile. I understand that losing girth while not losing weight is still progress and shows fat loss/muscle gain but one of my current motivators is reduction of stress on my joints. I need to continue to lose weight as well as my knees do not give two shits if it's fat or muscle above them. I'm going to not worry about weight loss for the rest of the month, just work on maintenance, then start losing again in January.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    180, so after months of plateauing, I'm down a smidge. In addition, I identified another batch of clothes that I need to down-size, and when I donated blood, my pulse was mid-low 50's and the phlebotomist said I filled the bag "really fast."
    I don't normally do a mid-month check in, but I'm a little giddy that I weighed a legit 178 this morning (which might be early high school weight), and for the first time ever in my almost 50 years, I can do 10 full-hang pullups in a row.

2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

I’m up a scary amount at the end of the year. No so much fell off the wagon, as diving head first towards the ditch. Business travel. Sitting on my butt. Carbs. Beer. Fries. Basically eating like an a hole.

Am going to weigh in 1/1/20, start fresh. I figure I should just recognize I suck, then get on with the new year.

Anyone object to a 2020 version of this thread?

Pondering two things that might affect my approach next year. I’m going to retry contact lenses again. Should help my self image after 10 years of birth control glasses. And I may get back into Scuba. Meaning more time in the water swimming, which I always liked. Pretty sure I was a fish in a former life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 12-20-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Anyone object to a 2020 version of this thread?
    I'd like that. I was pretty late to the 2019 thread but hope to continue through 2020. For those who are site supporters and use Garmin, we've got an ongoing Garmin Connect thread in the Coterie Club and a PF specific Garmin Connect group. It's sorta-kinda social media but it's just steps, calories, routes, miles, sort of stuff. No Facebook/Twitter/Instragram sort of nonsense. I've found the competitive aspect to be helpful in keeping my activity levels up.

On a side note, 230.8 today. I don't normally weigh myself daily, but after the 233.8 uptick yesterday was curious. 3 lb swing in a day seems like a lot, but then I think 1% range is probably pretty solid for a $30 Amazon scale and changing water weight/intestinal load fluctuations.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    182. I will lose more weight than @Tom_Jones this year.
    174. I was 182 through November; I have been in the gym 15 days out of this month and have been doing an ok job of staying under 2000 calories. I will quit smoking again the day after tomorrow and start working some running into what has so far been all strength training. I should start the 2020 thread with most of the easy weight off.
    Last edited by JAD; 12-20-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I dropped from 235 a couple years ago down to 205 and then stalled out. Have gained a bit back since kid #2 arrived.

Current weight: 215
    Goal weight: 195

I don’t think I’ve been below 200 # since high school so seems like a good arbitrary weight goal to shoot for. The charts at my doctors office always say I should be closer to 175-180 at my height of 6’2”, but I think I’d be skin and bones at that point.

To cap this off for the year, I powered through the 195 goal and ended up at 185 as of this past summer. I've successfully maintained that weight since then and am entertaining the idea of slowly working my way down to 180 over the next couple months. Dropped from a size 36 pant to size 32 though I'd honestly prefer not to change waist sizes any more. I detest shopping and buying new pants is expensive, so I guess that's good motivation not to get fat again.

I have three fairly expensive pairs of optimism. If I can get in those I’ll get the other stuff taken in.

I dropped 20 this year and was able to keep it off..... but now I am sidelined for a few months. Name:  32CD025D-43D6-4C28-A904-3670D5BCDADE.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  38.7 KB

It’s only going to slow me down a little😜

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I dropped 20 this year and was able to keep it off..... but now I am sidelined for a few months. Name:  32CD025D-43D6-4C28-A904-3670D5BCDADE.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  38.7 KB

It’s only going to slow me down a little[emoji12]
    I had a knee repair surgery this past Spring. I just kept being strict with my calories. If anything the post surgery pain meds killed my appetite which actually helped speed up the weight loss.

User Tag List