Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weight Loss Challenge Thread

I get a bonus 20# due to my height for us to have the same BMI. My goal is 175#, so I've got 50# to go. I honestly don't know if I'll even get there, but I'll keep working at it. For me to keep losing weight I have to stay in the 1500 to 1700 calorie range avg for my goal of 2# a week. I always use numbers for a sedentary lifestyle and take any exercise I do as bonus weight lost. It keeps me from making excuses that I can have a little higher calories per day just because I do some limited exercise, which leads to me cheating too much. I know that at 2200 calories a day average I do not gain any weight.

For salads I just use vinegar and olive oil. It's fairly low calorie and lubes up the veggies just enough. Funny enough, I also find it satisfying enough just to use salt and pepper at times.

You are right, for some reason we seem to lose weight from the perimeter in towards the belly. I show it first in my face, then I noticed my legs getting significantly more toned. Makes for a funny looking body, but people really will start commenting on weight loss based on just looking at your face.

Site Supporter
    I started putting chunky salsa on my salads instead of Thousand Island.

I’m 5’10” as well, goal is ~180#.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Looks like my plateau is going to be 205, but that's okay.
    Down to 203. Cutting out the peanuts is helping.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    181. I seem to have plateaued for four months now
    181 again. I was up mid-month, but brought it down again. This check-in keeps me honest (with myself).

Site Supporter
    I figure I should check in here since I went AWOL. So I’ve pretty much shot the hell out of this year. Sitting at 226.1 this week after getting back north of 235 earlier this year.

I started going to Orangetheory earlier this year (wife signed me up) in July and I got hooked on it. Instead of going to the range, I find myself going to classes at the gym more than I ever went to the range. While I joined a gym to lose weight and get in shape, the second and third order effects have been pretty amazing for just being in a better place mentally. I started out at 12-13 minute miles and now can knock one out in 9, could barely do a push-up when I started and now I can do aboht 20-30. In September I did their “Dri-Tri” (2k row, 300 body weight reps of squats/burpees/pushups/etc., 5k run) and did it in 51 minutes flat with my 5k coming in at 30:01. I’m no PT stud, but I think I’ve found a great outlet for me and I’m looking to get the last 25-30 pounds off in short order and stay there.

While my weight isn’t changing as much, I stopped and actually looked at myself in the mirror and the change over the last year or so is actually fairly dramatic. I had to get my suit out for a funeral and realized I hadn’t worn it in two and a half years. The jacket is a size or so too big and the pants are three sizes too big now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

50 years old, 10 months on Keto. Have plateaued at 15lbs down, 6'4" 215. Would like to see another 10 off. Just had my annual physical and was worried I'd have to give up Keto because in 2018 my cholesterol was over the line.

I'm pleased to report that my cholesterol has dropped into the ideal zone, despite bacon and heavy cream being my staples. Every test they ran came back ideal.

Other than the social impact (went to a neighborhood "pie party" last night and couldn't eat a thing), and travel eating being more complicated, I have zero complaints.

Big win: skipping meals and not even feeling hungry.

Site Supporter
    I missed last month’s check in.

After two weeks of travel and running 16 hour fasts with the 8 hour eating window I am back down to 147 with 17% body fat. In September I got wrecked by a flu and hit up to 155 and been working my way down.

The 16 hour fasts work good and traveling it was ideal, back home and wrangling pre-schoolers and making food for the family it is not working. Hanging out with adults or myself and being ok is fine during the fast but skipping meals and managing 4 year olds is not a recipe for success.

Keeping the path, trying to drop another pound or two and gain strength and endurance during the winter. Big goals.

Thursday night, I didn't get enough sleep. Friday, I just didn't have the juice (or the willpower) to get through half my normal workout. I kind of binged over the weekend.

Today, I got back on the horse and did the whole workout and went back to normal eating habits.

Get back on the horse.

Decided to get fat in retirement.

Since there is no such thing as “Lessons learned”, and is more aptly described as “Lessons RE-Learned”, it didn’t take long to re-learn the lesson about ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain. So in June when the neuropathy in the leg combined with a blown disk in the old spine decided to add a torn rotator cuff to the action, I effectively lost my appetite.

Pain is a hell of a diet plan. Effective. Not without its drawbacks to be sure, but effective.

Clocked in at 252 in June.

197.2 today.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Decided to get fat in retirement.

Since there is no such thing as “Lessons learned”, and is more aptly described as “Lessons RE-Learned”, it didn’t take long to re-learn the lesson about ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain. So in June when the neuropathy in the leg combined with a blown disk in the old spine decided to add a torn rotator cuff to the action, I effectively lost my appetite.

Pain is a hell of a diet plan. Effective. Not without its drawbacks to be sure, but effective.

Clocked in at 252 in June.

197.2 today.
    Nice work. I'm still losing, but it's slow. It looks like it's going to take me a year to lose 75 lbs at this rate, going to need another year to lose the next 25, but I'm committed.

User Tag List